SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PaySystems ALERT!

A client of mine tried to signup for a new paysystems account yesterday and PaySystems said they are no longer accepting new accounts!!

PaySystems is "switching their focus" and will be offering merchant accounts...without the payment gateway that so many shopping carts out there link to like 1shoppingcart, quickpaypro, etc. They are turning into "the bank" instead of "the means to process a transaction."

Still up in the air whether my client will get his money back. They paid the setup fee for what paysystems "used to be."

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seems like they're in a state of flux lately. A few posters have expressed concern over their levels of support and some problems they seem to be having. Maybe we need to sit back and see what happens.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey

As stated above, we are no longer activating new acconts on our third party platform. However, we are providing direct merchant accounts, and have been very successful thus far. All merchants that have paid their setup fee but canot have their account activated are entitled to a full refund. If that is the case, please contact support@paysystems.com.

Cheers
    James
    -----
    james

You Bet Your Life...Really lerxtjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big deal. I can find a merchant account anywhere. It's the no-monthly-fee-integration processing with shopping carts and direct deposit with something other than authorize.net where paysystems really stood out among the rest. Notice the past tense. Some people spend their entire lives searching for that one thing that makes them stand out among the rest. PaySystems had "it" and blew it in my opinion. Now it's just one of the many. Best of luck!

But what really erks me is that there is no statement on the paysytems web site about this change. They'll still take your money and then 3 weeks later after you ask what the hell's going on, they'll refund your money!

The reason I'm so pissed about this is that I refer 200 people to PaySystems a month through workshops and have 8,000 books in distribution where I dedicate an entire chapter to why you should setup your payment gateway with PaySystems!!

As the song goes, "you don't know what you have till it's gone."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James,

Is Paysystems planning on converting all existing clients to the new system? Or do they have a choice to stay with the third party system?

Karen
    Do you always seem to live paycheck to paycheck?
    Tired of struggling financially?
    Do you wonder why some people seem to be 'lucky'?
    Learn The Secret to Success

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may not need new accounts. I just got a letter stating that they were charging me $100 on an account that has been closed since last October for some fine they just decided to impose. I had one chargeback with them last March and now they're trying to charge me some fine.

They have some serious moral, ethical and prfessional problems as a company. I would have serious problems doing business the way they have been. When I first started using them I gave them glowing recommendations. Now I can't tell people fast enough to stay away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently a PS merchant and have been for about a year. A week ago I got a packet of legal papers in the mail. PS wants me to sign a new contract because they have upgraded their processing platform. Why this is necessary, I don't understand, but I'm sure they've got some new way to screw me in mind.

But they don't mention anything about doing away with the current business model, so I don't know what's up.

The reason I'm so pissed about this is that I refer 200 people to PaySystems a month through workshops and have 8,000 books in distribution where I dedicate an entire chapter to why you should setup your payment gateway with PaySystems!!
    Dude, there's a special place in hell reserved for you. Only someone who has never used PS could recommend PS.