SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAJOR CSS Positioning Issues...

I am looking for a little help here... maybe some one-on-one collaboration to help me iron out a few positioning problems I am having with this new blog I am working on for the company I work for. The blog program is Blogger. I am modifying one of the provided templates from Blogger in Dreamweaver.

I have attached a word document with two different screen shots to this post. One is how the site is supposed to look and how it actually does look when putting the template online through the Blogger interface and previewing it. The second screen shot is how it actually renders the template after saving the changes in the Blogger interface and rebuilding the site.

The differences are the endless horizontal scrollbar, the right side bar and top right graphic push to the right giving more and more space (also endless) and when links in the main body are rolled over they throw that row of text to the left about 10 pixels.

Those are the known issues on the PC, I am told that on the MAC, in Safari and Mozilla, that the right hand side bar appears over top of the main content on the left hand side of the screen.

If there are any CSS knowledgable people here that can help I'd really apreciate a review.

thanks,
    Steve

URL: http://sunburst.solaricreative.com
    Attached Files Attached Files

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...

Steve (?),

Since noone of the many viewers responded, I guess they are as clueless as I am; I'm just posting to let you know you're not ignored.
    Being behind a paranoid firewall I can't download docs, but viewing the linked site with IE5.5/win I noticed none of the problems you mentioned; what browser did you use, and what did you intend to change to the templates?

At any rate - depending on the version, knowing DW a bit there's certain chance it messes up the carefully rolled Blogger template, especially the CSS side to it. If your changes are minor, doing them by hand may cause less head-aches.
    Regards,
    Ronald.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronald,

Thanks for the assurance that I am (not) ignored.
    You are right in that there are no more issues, I have since ironed them all out. I appreciate your response.
    Best Regards,
    Steve

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi Steve,

Sorry I've been out all day as well - so haven't had a chance to look until now (thanks Ronald for replying ).

The only issue I can see in ie6 is that when you roll over the links that are on the right hand side then the vertical scrollbar expands and you can only scroll the page down a little bit and the content is unreachable.

Rolling over the first link on the right hand side re-sets the scrollbar - very strange. It seems to be something to do with the dotted border on hover but I couldn't put my finger on the exact cause.

I would have a longer look but you may have sorted it already and not uploaded the page etc..

Paul