SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help: Funky Table Behavior

I can't seem to get this table to perform like I want it to. Have a look at http://www.worshipnc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=527. Scroll down...eee how it breaks in the middle and the green background shows through? You can see the way it is supposed to look at http://www.worshipnc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=422. The design breaks when the content in the right column is longer than in the left. I am trying to make the bottom darker orange section expand instead of the section in the middle that separates the yellow and light orange.

Any ideas how to fix this? I have been beating my head against a will for most of the afternoon. Any help is appreciated VERY much!

Spence

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switch to css. Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subjective,

Thanks for the help. I have used CSS on a number of sites and in many cases would agree. However, this site uses a CMS (Content Management System) that is completely table based...so I am stuck with it. That being said, can anyone out there actually help?

Spence

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debugging an ant hill

Spence,

I have no idea what is going on there; the tons upon tons of embedded Javascript make it impossible to even get a faint idea of any structure, not to mention the gazillion tables.

The only advise I can give you is: set all table borders to "1" to see where all the cells start and end (preferably different colors for different tables); maybe that way you can recover what pieces of the imagery end up where in the tables.
    Comparing the "right" page with the "wrong" one, there's lots more going pear-shaped besides the dark green blocks.

Once you figured it out and removed all the 'border="1" ' lines, maybe you get an idea what everybody is going on about that tables for layout would be not such a good idea...
    Regards,
    Ronald.