SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When hitting the back button after being logged in to go back to the main members page i get "Warning: Page has Expired" message in IE and have to press refresh. what causes this? It isin't to good if the user can't use the back button to get back to the first members page.

Thanks
    Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This means that the previous page has been generated from a form submitted using 'POST'. The most simple solution would be to ensure that it was created from a form using 'GET' (in which case the data will be stored in the URL remembered by the browser). Unfortunately if the information sent to that page is anything more elaborate than one or two short variables this would not be an option.

It would help if you supplied a URL so we can see what you are trying to achieve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh it's not online but basically this page is a result of a form being submitted (user and password) these are also stored in a session. putting the password in the url would expose the users password

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An alternative is to have the username/password form result in a "dummy" page containing a redirect to the requested page.
    Kevin Yank
    CTO, sitepoint.com
    I wrote: Simply JavaScript | BYO PHP/MySQL | Tech Times | Editize
    Baby’s got back—a hard back, that is: The Ultimate CSS Reference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i user header:location to take the user to another page once logged in rather than have all the code on one page. I.e the members page was checking and doing code for lost password,cancell account,confirm email address,confirm new email and login so I made a seperate page for each outcome and used head:location on the members.php file.

got my site working good but the forum software is refusing to work and the support are being most unhelpfull. the login system is based around that of the forum software so only one members table is needed and they share login details *me is annoyed*