SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I have just made a new design for one of my sites. Check out www.madtvcentral.com/test.html and tell me what you think. I am especially concerned about load time and compatibility. I have a lot of nested layers so I'd love to know how it looks in different and older browsers.

All the links link to pages that still display my old design (since I have not yet unveiled this design yet).

Thanks a lot!
    -Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good Steve I like the menu much better that the old. Everything loads super fast (who do you Host with?) Maybe a little colour change as you go over the menu links as a highlight might be a nice touch. Looked at with NS4.7 and IE5.0 screen resolution 125% at 800x600.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just my opinion and I certainly am not the one to ask about how to make a site look good.... however...I like your old design better. 3k, 3k & 2k gifs vs 15k gif for the new design. Be sure to test with a slow line.Is the visit sponsor button on the new design necessary - I don't see it on the old design.However, I do like the look of the new image - but could it be not as high. Hopefully, you will find something worthwhile with a flood of comments.Best of luck & both sites are certainly fine.Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I like your layout! I do have a few suggestions:1) At the top you make the edges round to get rid of that square edge look, however at the bottom you make it square again. I think that you should keep the round edges look at the bottom too, an example is my website Magnanetwork.com where I have done the same at the bottom. 2) Make it more interesting. The links could have mouseover effects in them. Use some more colors in your design, and make the links stand out a little bit more (its kind of confusing). I'm viewing this website in Netscape Communicator 4.73 on an iMac (eww). I'm doing this at the library so there you have it with the stinky computers (I'm a PC person, can you tell?). Hope that helps,Brian
    Brian Frye
    Webmaster - MagnaNetwork.com
    Headquarters for Webmaster Resources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the overall design idea. While the rounded edges at the bottom work very well on the MagnaNetwork site, squared ones work well on your one, but try it out anyway, see how it looks. I feel the navigation bar is too narrow, maybe you could make it wider with bigger text, possible done as graphics? If you put the banner in the main cell of the table, you could save some scrolling for your visitors..Hope this helps!Aonghus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks and keep 'em coming!

Hey, thanks for all your great reviews!I host with www.phpwebhosting.com , gthorley. But if you want to know more about that you can private message me .DenverDave, I think I will have a poll sometime after I release the new design to see which design my visitors like best. I changed the image a little bit and I think it loads just a tad bit faster now...MagnaNetwork, I agree that it needs more color. I will have to think of some secondary color to make it more interesting. I've thought about having rounded edges at the bottom, but decided against it becuase I think it looks good the way it is and I would have to use images, which means a longer loading time (not much longer, but I think the big image at the top is enough).Aonghus, I'll try what you suggested and see how it looks.Thanks again for all of your reviews and I would love to get some other people's opinion before I officially release the new design. Thanks
    -Nick