SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dtoring Images in a database table

I'm a beginner at SQL design, so can you please help me out in the simplest and on technical form you can. I need to store images in a database table. A table needs to have an image field, description, ref # and price. I tried using both absolute and relative url (as shown below), but when the table outputs, instead of an image, I get the URL string I inserted. (I use MySQL Server). I've heard of BINARY and "putting a raw image" and using an image datatype, but I've no clue how that works, or how to code it. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. Here's my code so far:

$create = "
    CREATE TABLE CClassTable (
    product VARCHAR (130) NOT NULL,
    description VARCHAR (64) DEFAULT NULL,
    reference INT (5) DEFAULT NULL,
    price VARCHAR(15),
    PRIMARY KEY (reference),
    KEY (description)
    )";

//fill CClass table

$CClassRow1 = "INSERT INTO CClassTable VALUES ('http://student-iat.ubalt.edu/dynamic/zmrisho/Final%20Project/Final%20Project/images/c-class/cdchanger.jpg','CD Changer','1018','$55.20/EA')";
    (...AND SO ON)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you said you were getting the url string when you outputted the table data? how were you orginially outputting this data? within an image tag? or as a text string.

binary is ok for storage but it actually takes up more room on your server etc than storing the image / file locally and then referancing it in the DB.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am unable to store file upload (form field) to blob in mysql for image store ? can you help me ?