SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe some traffic increase, but other than that what?

I dont think the traffic increase would be that large anyways, because I don't think they promote their affiliated sites that often. Maybe some free ads and a mentioning in an article every so often, but nothing major.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also you lose a lot of freedom if you enter such networks, such as banner ads choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main advantages are increased traffic and money. When IGN and UGO where at their best they where two of the highest paying networks out there for entertainment/Internet culture sites. Now, of course, that is not so true. With online advertising hurting, these companies had to renegotiate there contracts and greatly reduce there payout rates or risk closing there doors.
    Brian Welch
    Web Design, Web Hosting and Ecommerce
    http://www.perfectpresence.com
    http://www.leadcrunch.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Strider has said, these networks have lost a lot of their punch of late. IGN (run by ailing Snowball) could very well shut down its affiliate program soon.

UGO moved from offering meaty minimum guaranteed monthly payments for the honor of having their ads and branding logo run on an exclusive basis throughout their affiliated sites. Then, the payment was great ($1-$3CPM), but the traffic gain was nothing to shout home about (probably 5-30 visitors/day for the average affiliate). Since their contract revisions, UGO's affiliates are no longer bound by an exclusivity agreement, but their payments have been severaly cut. Mine fell about 95% in one month, before I decided to leave the program (Film/TV).
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!