SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help Coding / Slicing

Hey guys, i'm having trouble with my layout. K here it goes: Take a look at the layout attached. Now my goal is to have it so when someone clicks "quarter 001" a list of projects done in quarter 1 appear under the projects column. Then when someone clicks a project from that section, all the authors who've done that project will appear under the authors section. Then when u click an author, down below appears a preview image of their project and info about it.

I'm having trouble planning out how i would go about slicing this thing up. Also once i do have it sliced, would i be using iframes in order to do what i explained above?

Please help - thanx!

Sorry I posted twice..just wasn't sure what section would be most appropriate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see the attachment yet, but from your description I'm fairly certain you'll need to use either JavaScript or a server-side solution, like PHP or ASP.

I'll try to give some better help when the attachment's there
    Dennis Pallett - NoCertainty - My Personal Weblog
    The Web Network: ASPit | PHPit | WebDev-Articles
    Blogs: TalkFones | Holidayzer | PHPit Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably achieve this using iframes and a few static HTML pages in it's simplest form if needed.

Ideally as Kings said it would be suited to a database and some php code, but I don't know, how much you know

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross-posting

Because you have cross-posted, I responded to the now-dead (I guess?) post in the general web design section.
    In the future, don't cross-post; if you aren't sure where to place a post, leave it up to the moderators to relocate it as they see fit.
    Regards,
    Ronald.