SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool interesting--someone set a forum for monstercommerce

Has anyone ever used monstercommerce's shopping cart. Their own forums has 100% positive posts. but this one... !@!@!$$!#$ http://www.realmonsterforums.com

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that also has a total of 47 TOTAL posts... Sounds like someone just started it to complain about MC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MonsterCommerce

Hello-
    If you have any questions about MonsterCommerce, don't hesitate to ask. I have been reading these forums for a couple of months and thought it might be nice to have someone who can answer just about any MonsterCommerce OR Ecommerce question.

Looking forward to being part of your community.

Steph

Stephanie Leffler
    CEO, MonsterCommerce.com
    steph@monstercommerce.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonw
    Has anyone ever used monstercommerce's shopping cart. Their own forums has 100% positive posts. but this one... !@!@!$$!#$ http://www.realmonsterforums.com
    Yea, MonsterCommerce's forums are heavily moderated, there are many users in there complaining that it is not fair and misleading. I believe after www.realmonsterforums.com started, MonsterCommerce offered to have the actual users moderated the forums, this was mentioned once- but no action that I've heard of has taken place.

Basically, don't choose MonsterCommerce based on their forums. Do your own research, there are many posts that I've been told have been deleted. They make it seem like they are a perfect ecommerce provider with absolutely no flaws, just beware.

It seems like activity on their forums have slowed down quite a bit in the last few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forums

Hey Jason-
    MonsterCommerce has been working on a merchant moderation plan for about 8 weeks. We have already selected some merchant moderators and will be implementing this plan within the next couple of weeks.

As for our forums and moderation, we ONLY remove untrue or inaccurate information. We have thousands of people visiting our forums each day and we have to ensure that information is accurate.

I am sure you would do this same if it were your product or service being discussed.

Although i disagree with certain portions of your post, i agree that users should not choose MC based on our forums. We have hundreds of things to offer that make us the best solution.

Thank you!
    Steph
    Stephanie Leffler
    CEO, MonsterCommerce.com
    Steph@MonsterCommerce.com
    http://www.monstercommerce.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starstylin
    Yea, MonsterCommerce's forums are heavily moderated, there are many users in there complaining that it is not fair and misleading. I believe after www.realmonsterforums.com started, MonsterCommerce offered to have the actual users moderated the forums, this was mentioned once- but no action that I've heard of has taken place.

Basically, don't choose MonsterCommerce based on their forums. Do your own research, there are many posts that I've been told have been deleted. They make it seem like they are a perfect ecommerce provider with absolutely no flaws, just beware.

It seems like activity on their forums have slowed down quite a bit in the last few weeks.
    Is anybody using Monster cart in this forum? please share your experience. My personal opinion is that a heavily censored forum will mislead the clients.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use it.. Seems a bit pricey. I would pay a few hundred bucks (maybe $500) for a good cart but not an $80 monthly fee. I can get a dedicated server for that amount and have complete control over my customer's information.

Check out OSCommerce (www.oscommerce.com) or Zen-cart (www.zen-cart.com) and get the same features and more in a free software package. Zen-cart is a little easier on customization, has more features and friendlier support but is based on OSC.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=W. Luke]I don't use it.. Seems a bit pricey. I would pay a few hundred bucks (maybe $500) for a good cart but not an $80 monthly fee. I can get a dedicated server for that amount and have complete control over my customer's information.

Hey W. Luke-
    If you are a programmer or have the skills to admin a server, you may be correct. From a price standpoint, getting your own dedicated server and buying a cart would be a good option.

MonsterCommerce is a great option (at $2.50/day) that allows people who don't want the hassle of managing their own server to have a very good e-commerce solution.

If you try out MC, you will see that there are so many features that make it worth your while. From SEO features to back-end order management, we have a very complete package. I don't know if any of you have read my "Letter from the CEO" on the MonsterCommerce site, but if you have, you will see that I started out as a client and became a partner in MC. I know what it is like to have a business and rely heavily on your ecommerce provider. We try to do everything possible to keep you focused on your business, not the nuts and bolts of ecommerce.

I know that MC isn't the best solution for everyone, but it sure has worked well for the vast majority of our 4,000 customers. Big clients like John Deere, Road and Track Magazine, and Car and Driver Magazine did a ton of reasearch before choosing MonsterCommerce. After a full year of research, John Deere picked MC.

As for our forums, I spend about 2 hours per day reading our customers' comments. You are correct that we remove any posts with FALSE or UNTRUE information. Negative comments are not removed....as you will see if you checkout our boards...lol. We take the good with the bad.

Please feel free to post if any of you have questions!
    Regards,
    Steph
    Stephanie Leffler
    CEO, MonsterCommerce.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The person asked a question, I answered. I didn't ask for an advertisement. Both of your posts are actually against the guidelines of this forum.

Plus I didn't make any comments about your forums and I personally don't care how you moderate them.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, no advertisment allowed here. The MonsterCEO's ID should be blocked. $960$/year ($2.5/day) is not cheap plus there is limited bandwidth according to realmonsterfourms.com's info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jason-
    I am not here to advertise. I am here as a person who eats, breaths and sleeps ecommerce. I hope that you will find my posts valuable to your business. I attend many conferences and write articles routinely to help growing online stores.

As you can see, i just joined this forum. I will share knowledge whenever i can benefit someone in this community. I plan to earn my keep. I am here because I love what i do. My sales team does a great job selling our product. They don't need my help

Steph
    Stephanie Leffler
    CEO, MonsterCommerce.com