SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy URGENT Help to find the problem....

recently I've been getting too many "This page cannot be displayed" pages.. the php files that output the html page do a bunch of queries to MySQL database. I am suspecting I am not optimizing my queries, using them properly, or something of the sort.

I ask you who are interested in taking a look at the code and letting me what is the problem if possible, where I can improve.

Also here are the pages that give trouble (some of them intermitten, others always..)

http://www.raioo.com/discussions/
    then click on some discussion, should display the discussion abstract, followed by comments displayed in groups of 30.

there's also http://www.raioo.com/captions/photo.php which is intermittent... but better thna the discussion stuff

I tried to contact the host to see if they can help me pinpoint the problem but in vain, they seem not knowledgable enough.

Also one interesting thing is that I have a forum by phpbb.. it has a bunch of tables, I put them in the same database as my other tables of the site.. the forum is pretty active, many posts, and it never gives me the "Page cannot be displayed" .. so definitely the phpbb folks are doing a better job at querying the database than I am on my own php pages.. Just thought to mention that.

So please if you'd like to take a look at the php files I have, let me know and I will send them to you.
    I appreciate the help of everyone at SitePoint.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please post the code you think you are having problems with.
    Community Guidelines | Community FAQ

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave;
    he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toly
    Please post the code you think you are having problems with.
    Thanks Toly - I actually concentrated on this issue and found my problem. I was including tons of php classes that I wasn't using for that particular file.. maybe that corrupted the server stack? memory? something like that. Now I only include what I need and it works great - back to normal.
    I appreciate the help of everyone at SitePoint.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually started a thread a while ago about ways of saving classes and functions. Some interesting points came out regarding performance and such.

Check it out here if you are interested.
    Community Guidelines | Community FAQ

"He that is kind is free, though he is a slave;
    he that is evil is a slave, though he be a king." - St. Augustine