SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Site feedback

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys can you please give me some feedback on this site, http://poxy.net/cajuncaterer/ . Maybe some ideas and what not. I am having trouble getting a design to go along with that logo. Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Andy

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the logo, but I agree that you are having problems coming up with a design that works. Why not try left aligning the logo, then putting graphical buttons for the menu underneath it, then sticking the main content area to the right. Sort of like how http://www.blogger.com is layed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice logo, but yeah, now you need a site . Perhaps you want to try moving up the box which will hold the content so it is level with the logo? Obviously this will be a simple site and I think if you play around with it you can make it work and make it look great!
    -Nick

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like your logo, I have always liked the "cartoon" feel to a logo kind of like drawshop.com has. For the layout, that's going to be tough. For the type of web site your running, (a food related page or restaurant), are you looking for a more information style page with directions to the store, or an interactive web page with recipes etc.? For the basic shape of the layout, I can imagine your site looking similar to this web page I found:http://www.ultradesigninc.com/Good luck!Brian
    Brian Frye
    Webmaster - MagnaNetwork.com
    Headquarters for Webmaster Resources

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I keep telling him! I think with soem good graphical icons it would look superb!

insert witty comment here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete agreeance here Nice logo, some gfx icons for nav would be perfect perhaps some split boxes kinda like the one you have now for content stacked on top of each other. ie 4 or 5 in a row.Man I love Cajun food, worked in a Cajun restraunt while I was in school ....mmmm,mmmm good.Myros
    NeuralStudios.com
    Art, design, development and web management services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi your review,i couldnt get any of the links to work. is it finished?what javascript are you using, was getting strange javascript message in status bar.will review again when it is finished.
    Andysan :-)
    "do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a wise dragon"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing new to say about the design/logo etc, but when the site is running, I wouldn't link to the page the visitor is already at (e.g. if you are in the 'home' section, the 'home' in your nav bar shouldn't be a link and could be highlighted or emphasised).Good Luck!Aonghus

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice logo, I like his hat!