User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Security, Password Acces to MS ACCESS Database

Hi All

I need some help, I have been asked to build an app for tacking students attendance, work done and tests completed at the local High school I work at.

I thought a database would be the go, there are twelve students and their teacher whould use this, I want to make it so no others can access this database, also if possible have the students enter their own details into their records but no one elses and one table can only be accessed by the teacher and no one else. I would be using Access 2000, I have heard that Access XP has these capibilities already built in.

Can some one help me with this please.

Cheers
    Burkey

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about security options with Access XP, but with 2000 you can go to Tools --> Security and you'll see some pretty powerful user management options. You can set a password to lock the data and it's structure down, then create users with unique passwords for each student and the teacher and then define what tables they can access.

You could create a table for each student, only allow them read/write access to their own table (so they can't modify/delete what's already there) and give their teacher the admin login.