SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK here is a sample site for a Client of mine.. Its not revised for load time nor does it have good coding at the moment. All I really want to know is if the layout and design is ok. Like Colors and navigation, only the first page works I have not designed any others yet.

The page will be redesigned in ColdFusion so really no code comments are needed at this time.

old site : Oleda's Old Site

New Redesigned Site : Oleda's New Site
    Last edited by BubbaGump; Feb 21, 2001 at 16:53.
    Neal Bailey..........| Email|ICQ 54338088
    Biz Websites .......| Lone Star Classics - Classic Cobra Replicas
    Personal Sites .....| Advanced GraF/X | Xtreme-OZ
    Artwork & Photos | Advanced GraF/X - Artwork

insert witty comment here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, I'm not sure about that main photo of her though. I looked at it for a while and couldnt quite figure why I didnt like it (spoken like a true artist huh LOL ). The image quality seemed a little poor, and perhaps that red to the right is a little rich and so looks less sharp when you compress the image. I would have tried to blend/fade that bg color (reds) more giving more contrast to the face and pehaps making it look more part of the design rather than a paste on. Make sense? maybe I'm rambling Myros
    NeuralStudios.com
    Art, design, development and web management services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thi sis very nice! Of course you need to make the images load fatser, though. One thing I would suggest is that you work a little bit on the navigation. Everything else on the page is so big an colorful and the little navigation buttons at the bottom almost get lost! That's not a good thing, so I would work a little bit on those.Other than that I think this website is very nice looking! Great job!1024x768/Win. 98/IE 5/56k
    -Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Internet Explorer 5.5Res 960x720Hi, The top part of the site is attractive and pleasing, but the imaged text at the bottom looks out of place. The images at the top are well defined and work well together. There is no real problem with the sites layout, except like I said earlier about the text.Try to think of ways to use normal text at the bottom but keeping the same feel through out the page. I personally think that basic text would be easier to read and wouldnt take as long to download.NOTE: People browsing with no images on, would see nothing at all.Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the comments… The Text at the bottom will be replaced with real text not an image… I know better than that… this is just a quick design to see what text would look like there… Also the main image will most likely be something else that’s all I had to work with so far. And as far as the navigation buttons go you I will probably make them a little easer to read and perhaps make the whole main splash screen a little narrower so that it fits on most peoples screen better.
    Neal Bailey..........| Email|ICQ 54338088
    Biz Websites .......| Lone Star Classics - Classic Cobra Replicas
    Personal Sites .....| Advanced GraF/X | Xtreme-OZ
    Artwork & Photos | Advanced GraF/X - Artwork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site say:"Everyone has the right to look younger", or something like that.But the woman picture - it has a dark spot on her cheek, if I'm not wrong. Yes - she's 66 - or at least that's what the site says - but still, she should have taken a picture of her from the other side.There is also a bug at the picture: the women picture is wider at the bottom, on the right of: "sixty six years in the making".There's also a typo in Oleda's text at:http://www.advancedgrafx.com/clients...age1/index.htmUsing IE 5.01 800x600 res 24 bit colors
    Soccer Directory | Travel Directory
    (free - reciprocal will give you featured status)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your going to have to change the navigation some how. You have a great image of her on the page and it pulls you in to the picture. The navigation becomes noise. First time I opened the link, it took a while before I even noticed the navigation to the products. Since the object of the site is probably to sell her products, I would reconsider the placement and/or size of the nav bar. Perhaps to the left of the picture or maybe in the picture. Or maybe just bigger and louder.Also, with the soft color transitions along the top and in the picture combined with the natural waves in her hair, I really, really feel uncomfortable with the sharp angles along the bottom of the main area. Something there seems out of place. For example most people probably would say that the VW Bug is age-less however they would not say the same for the VW 'Thing'. I think it has something to do with natural curves v. un-natural angles. Ninety degree angles would be age-less though. But I think curves or just straight across would be a better transition to the bottom section.
    Digit et al Design
    -----------------------
    When you break it all down it's still 1's and 0's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I agree with the previous poster about the navigation bar. I found the tables seem to load quite slow. Big improvement over the old site. I am not sure I would use blue in the colour scheme does seem warm to me especially with the product type being hyped. Warm colours would be best IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big improvement. I know it's in progress but be sure to link the title 'oleda' to the main page in the top navigation. She looks good for being so old, eh?
    ~ heather
    -----------------------------------
    sweetjunglist@hotmail.com
    http://www.junglist.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good composition! Warm colors indeed... but I personally do not like them all. It is to "warm" and not natural (orange), IMO. Maybe fit to 1024*800 and no blue color in it?