SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Travis
    SitePoint Community Guest
    So I was wondering if anyone is having any sucess with any of the ad networks out there? I am currently stuck with Bla-Bla.com but they have just gone downhill in the past 2 months. I mean my payout gut cut from $500 a month to $40 a month, how bad is that!!!

Anyways one of my friends recommended this new place:
    http://www.bluefishnetwork.com/

But I am not sure...

Anyways if anyone has any recommendations post away.

Thanks!

Travis
    eboarding.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been approached by bla-bla numerous times and after talking with friends who have had bad experiences with them, decided to stay away - far way - from them.

I use Burst! Media. They are a solid, valid, respectable company - the best on the market for medium-to-large sites. Granted, they, like the rest of the market, are having woes as far as CPM rates and the number of paying advertisers, but they are dedicated to what they are doing and care about their members.

In their member forum, any concerns about their service or company is always addressed personally by a staff member. In fact, when a member brought up the topic of Burst! going out of business, the CFO or someone close to or of that status, personally addressed the concern - whereas their competitors would delete such topics and not address them. That in itself shows something to me, I don't know about you.

With Burst!, I am also getting a targeted campaign with an unheard of 7.5 CPM rate - so it is possible.

That's why I recommend Burst!. Give 'em a try.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bluefish looks good to me. Their signup process was very nice and publiser-focused. I had a few questions which were answered very promptly (<2 hours), and the actual answer I received answered my question (which is something not happening too often when you mail member services...). I don't think they've launched yet serving banners though. I heard the first flight of sites has their activation date on March 10th, mine was set to March 20th. Apparently this company wants to be carefull going about this ad market thingie, and not to make the same mistakes everyone seems to be (like Tribal Fusion: network has been going for about a month now, and it's 90% defaults) ... just some cents of mine

Have a great day,

Mike
    Mike Ossendrijver
    Sales, AdSensor - Quality Online Marketing
    mike@adsensor.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also agree that BlueFish are worth exploring, but fear that a mass exodus to this new agency could force them to bow under the pressure.

Engage, although plagued with bad press and reports of poor client service, still offer perhaps the highest CPM rates to medium-sized sites. Burst! comes a close second for me (average Net CPM close to $0.50), but has been performing very poorly for others since their optimization feature kicked into action.

FastClick members are still, by and large, happy with their results. The problem is that this agency, like Sonar and CBM, does not seem to be accepting any new members at present.

Most of the pay-per-action networks are still performing well, and most now offer some sort of banner rotation facility (ie, DirectLeads, CJ, Sponsorships.net). This makes them worth exploring if a suitable CPM-based network cannot be found.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!