SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow new dj website, your comments please

just finished a new dj website www.clarencebrandon.com/test.htm your votes please

I know the splash screen has no purpose at all and therefore is a bit too much maybe but i use it as some sort of welcome screen.

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite like it. It's simple, but it works for me.

Some validation issues though. http://validator.w3.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it also. In terms of design/look its clean, all information is provided nicely and easy to navigate to. Good job overal!
    Nick Winton
    Support & Relations
    Liquidsix.com Windows 2003 Server Hosting.
    Helmextensions.com Additional Helm Control Panel features.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replys, CSS validition of the test.htm page had been taken care of, i believe all the other pages validates allready?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a pretty cool site. The colour choice is good ,but for a DJ site I think black and orange are the best.

The pictures were quite slow loading and the contact form could fit on the contact page. Just to save the clicks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to greg.harvey: I only checked for the codepages and not for whats in the database :-s Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Maybe black and oranges is better for a DJ site but if all dj's wopuld do that it wasn't really special anymore and besides that, this guy plays really uplifting soulfull music so therefor we didn't choose for black but for purple and green because he liked it :-) I'll see what i can do regarding to the photo's. I have to do some more images and take a closer look at the ones used allready. Thanks man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site. I agree that it's a clean design and easy to navigate. I would only have three small suggestions:

For the menu on the left, you use colors rather than a space to separate two words. For consistency, I would apply the same style to "play dates" and make it "playdates" with the two colors.

Also, something about the text in the middle content. I think it's the line height - I would increase it a bit, even though you're working with limited space.

Finally, I would take some additional photos of the dj on different nights to get a good mix of images. I like what you did with the images, but the bulk of them seem to be from the same photo session since he's wearing the same shirt. A diverse collection of photos would give me the impression that he is more popular/experienced, if that makes any sense.

Great site though. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ m2k you are absolutely right about 'playdates' i'll work on it right away. you're also right about the photo's, however i am still waiting for additional photomaterial.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like it as well. have you considered putting a header onto the page with a logo? it doesnt bother me all that much, but it might be interesting to try.

excellent work.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the design...although being a music-centric website, some more sensations could be brought into play.

have a flash music player...or the ability to listen or download a few songs...

if you are also using this to market DJ services, would think some samplers would be nice..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by langedav
    just finished a new dj website www.clarencebrandon.com/test.htm your votes please

I know the splash screen has no purpose at all and therefore is a bit too much maybe but i use it as some sort of welcome screen.

Great little site. My comment is about the language. The majority of the content is in English, yet the posts in the guest book and the home page are in Dutch (I hope I recognized it right). This is obviously a local DJ - so I suggest that you either use Dutch everywhere, or have it in two languages with a button for the English version. In any case, I suggest that the default version be in the major audience's mother tongue.

Cheers
    M.

PS: This is my first post (I just signed up today), so don't mind me being a little shy.

SitePoint Member redhat_php_mysql's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the green color,is simple but useful!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my resolution, your web site wastes a lot of space on my screen.

I cannot change the text size in MSIE because you have forced a font size At least use a percentage.

In CSS, don't use px when specifying 0. Zero is zero, and nothing else

Also, make sure you use the # sign when specifying hex colors.

Your design looks good in MSIE, Opera, and Mozilla. Good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamslam
    On my resolution, your web site wastes a lot of space on my screen.
    So does the Google front page then? I think this site is the perfect size for the amount of information it carries...

Check this one out http://www.guimp.com/ (the world's smallest website). Try clicking on the links - it is actually functional.

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen it before, but I love that site!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the sleak design and your color pallete. Mostly everything that i noticed has already been addressed by other members. One thing I'd like to add though, would be to have "cl.brandon" on every page. The title of the site should be clearly seen on every page of your site not just the home page. Other than that, I really did enjoy checking out your site. Nice job.
    Bell Brothers, Quick Step John, Polymer

John Bell, Daniel Bell