User Tag List

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Looks good to me...

Now I'd like to know what you think! I've just finished my latest service - ProCopywriter.com, and would like your suggestions and comments on the content and the navigation of the site. If you were in the market for copy writing services, would you be inclined to request a quote? Why or why not?

www.procopywriter.com

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Put your best practices away. The New Guy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like it. Some observations.

The far right of the page it looks like its just cut off and goes into the white nothingness, mabye put a light/soft border on the right side.

I wouldnt mind seeing some rollover effects on the imaged mapped links at the top. For some reason I was expecting it and was disappointed when it was static.

Times new roman gets really ugly big thus the text "professional copyrighting helps..." looks kinda bad, change it to arial or verdana.

In IE6.0 there seems to be a 1px white line around the layout, which doesnt exist in firefox.

In Firefox, the layout height it static, and thus when the text is larger then that height, the text spills out of the layout, this does not occur in IE6.0.

All the "top questions" lead to an FAQ page, which I find sorta of annoying, because from there I have to click yet another click (to popup I might add *yuck*) to get the information. The firsts links should lead driectly to the information, not a second set of links.

"click here to read all the anwsers" is useless since, every link above gives the same information, also it does not open in as a popup, so its not even consistent.

In firefox the copyright text at the bottom is bold (hard to read) in IE6.0 it is not bold.

Thats about it as far as I can see. Overall very nice job.
    "A nerd who gets contacts
    and a trendy hair cut is still a nerd"

- Stephen Colbert on Apple Users

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reviewed using win2000 IE 5, Firefox 0.8

Right off the bat I liked the header design. Maybe that yellow bar across the top takes up too much space? The navigation makes sense, its easy to understand and clean.

I LOVE the "top copywiritng questions" down the right side. That's a great way to drill it into folks heads exactly what this service is. Much better than just a FAQ page alone I think.

I'm not in the market for copywriting so I can't really say if it would entice me or not.

Bug - Your text content overflows your container in Firefox. So, it writes over the footer bar. It looks like DIV id="Placeholder5div" is positioned absolutely and your other text is taking up more space than you anticipated.

-Rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FireFox users: Where does the main content overlap the footer? (on what page) - or all of them?

The entire site should appear in Arial, not Times. I'll change it from H3 to my external stylesheet. (I figured that would happen!)

Sorry about the FAQ links just taking you to the FAQ. I'll fix that later this afternoon too.

The "Read all the Answers" link is for people like me who want to read all the answers at once It's also there for anyone who has the popup window blocker running and wonder why they can't get the main FAQ links to open.
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Sparkie,

Nice looking site there. Everything seems to be in the right place. The only thing I noticed was the bad quality of your top left buttons.

If I have a client that needs professional copywriting, I will send them to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mstwntd - Do you mean the top right buttons? I'll see if I can make them a better quality
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good. If I were in the market for a copywriting service I'd probably read as much of the copy on the website as I could to check for errors in spelling, grammar or punctuation, and for general readability.

The copy on your website looks ship shape to me It seemed quite professional, yet without being pretentious.

I like the way you have the questions on the right hand side, particularly the "How much does it cost" question. I think that you should place the blue "Get Quote" button on the "How much does it cost" page, rather than just having the "contact" text link.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie
    mstwntd - Do you mean the top right buttons? I'll see if I can make them a better quality
    Argh stupid me, writing faster then I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I just honestly write down the impression I got.

The design as a look, if you're like half a meter from your monitor, looks okay. I'd center it thou or make the screen less white for bigger resolutions.

Buttons with rollover effect is what you expect when you go over the top menu. But then it turns out to be an imagemap.

When I click on the top 10 questions on the right side, I expect to get directed to the answer of the question I clicked. Not the list again. Why are they in a popup.

My 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FAQ, top right buttons and adding the quote button into the FAQ are all things I'm planning to fix today.

Firefox users - on which page(s) does the content overlap the container?
    Follow Me on Twitter!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from the whitespace on the right I think it looks good.
    Always remember to pillage, before you burn!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Firefox the content overlaps on all pages excpet, index, faqs, and portfolio.

Also in Firefox ALL your text except for links is Times not Arial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Firefox understand external stylesheets? That's how I have the text set up. *scratches head*

Also, I'm guessing the number of users who have and run Firefox on a regular basis, is pretty small? My target audience is moreso the IE crowd with 800x600 or 1024x768 resolutions.

For the content areas, I have the DIV set to overflow:visible, how can I work that so that it shows up correctly in Fox?

Thanks
    Sherice
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sherice, I think the support for Firefox is a little overblown. According to our stats 83.8% are using IE, 1 (that's 1 as in a single person, not %) using Mozilla for the year so far. This is a tourism site so I think we get a pretty good cross section of the general populace.

Try pulling the <STYLE>
    <!-- and the //-->
    </STYLE> out of the begining and end of your style sheet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with DSC on that one. Although it's important to have a site that looks more or less the same in the latest browsers, I sense the majority of Firefox users are web designers themselves.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really got the time I would like to comment on the overall design, but in general the the yellow and grey header is excellent, but I am not so sure about the blue "Top 10 Questions".

As a side note I did spot something that was a little bit out of place for a copywriters website.

On the web content page, second paragrpah - " If your online sales are staggering ...."

This seems to me as though it should read " If your online sales are stagnating ..... " ??

Just a minor obsveration.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a visual standpoint

I like the site - nice, clean layout. It's professional and easy on the eyes.

The header looks great - although I would like to see the height of the top yellow bar reduced to about half its size. In my opinion, it's a bit too chunky and also takes up valuable screen real estate.

Your navigational buttons could be of better quality. Rather than saving them as jpegs, I suggest saving them as gifs instead. That might improve the quality.

I think adding a background color, perhaps a light gray color (#DDDDDD), as well as a thin border along the right edge would make it look more attractive.

I also think your footer looks a bit too cramped. I would like to see more padding added between the 2 lines of text.

From a technical standpoint using IE 6.0, 1024 X 768

A few things I noticed...

On contact us page, I checked your source code, and discovered that your meta tags were incomplete. As a result, they are rendered by browser. You can see your meta keywords displayed on this page. For this page, I also noticed you didn't set your title tag.

On portfolio 2, 3, and 4 there seems to be a 1-pixel shift between those pages and the rest. Meaning, they don't seamlessly transition from one page to the next.

Overall, good job with the site. It's what I expect from a professional copywriting service.

And the fact that it's a table-less layout gets my thumbs up