User Tag List

Thread: table resizing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

table resizing

hi guys,
    i'm trying to resize a table within another table, the outer table is styled by a stylesheet. the talbe is within a form, and it's only when i add a option button within a <td> tag that this problem arises:

<td width='10%' height='20%'><input type='radio' value='1' name='ms_KIOSH_test'></td>

the radio button extends the width of the table and doesn't allow any type of resizing.

when the table is on it's own, as a separate page, then it's ok.

can anyone help?

thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To really see what the problem could be, I think we would need to see more of the code. It could be something with one of the <table> commands, or one of the other <td>'s, etc. When you use %, things vary depending on the size of the browser window and every other bit of data you have there. If you post a link to the problem page, we can probably help you out a little more.
    Kevin Hauge : Modern Leaf Design : Follow Us on Facebook
    Client Axis v.08 - client / project management script

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is porable to do with the width=10% bit. When the table is on a page of it's own, then the width is 10% of that page. This is proably plenty room for the contents to fit inside. But when you nest the table inside another, the width become 10% or the cell of the outer table. This will be much smaller. Now, the browser will treat that 10% as the minimum size. So if the content (your option button) needs more space, then the table will streach to accomodate the button.