SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: html_quickform_renderer_default

Hi,

I'm trying to get into PEAR by using QuickForm.
    Now on my local WAMP installation so far all is fine. I have a form that validates some data.
    But when I put all on the web server (shared hosting) I get this error: Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: html_quickform_renderer_default in /homepages/...myprivatepath.../pear/PEAR/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 1498

Line 1498 has this statement: $GLOBALS['_HTML_QuickForm_default_renderer'] =& new HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Default();

Now I must admit that I have no clue where to search the cause for this error...
    Anyone can help me?
    Thanx in advance!
    Robyn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask your Hosting provider if they have PEAR installed.

It seems like they don't, or at least their path to PEAR is not correct in the php configuration.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi manoloweb,

my provider hasn't installed PEAR. I "installed" PEAR myself by uploading all necessary files. So far I had no problems, for instance I was able to use the DB functions to access and query a MySQL database.

Now for the path to PEAR: I determine the absolute path of my htdocs dir and so can construct an absolute path of the PEAR directory. If the path wasn't correct my PHP script wouldn't have been able even to include the necessary QuickForm.php.
    I added the absolute path of the PEAR directory to the include_path variable of PHP with ini_set().
    That the mentioned error happened shows me that at least the QuickForm.php was found and included.

But now I found the cause by retrieving more error information with error_reporting(E_ALL):
    Warning: Failed opening 'HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/homepages/...private.../htdocs/pear/PEAR') in /homepages/...private.../htdocs/tangueria.net/pear/PEAR/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 1497

So that means Default.php couldn't be included. I checked the file. It is where it should be and it is complete.
    Hmm... is there a way to retrieve more detailed information about the nature of why PHP failed opening Default.php?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silly me... :-( I found my mistake. I constructed a wrong absolute path of the PEAR dir.