I haven't posted in these forums for quite awhile. I am doing a redesign of my site, but
I don't know where to begin. I want to have it loading fast, no fancy junk like java or javascript,
unless the javascript is necessary (like a quote of the day or something).

I don't have any content right now because I am trying to get a few things like a quiz and other things. I
don't want to turn my site into a portal site. Its just a simple fan site, showing my love for Star Wars. I just haven't worked on it for quite awhile because I was doing other stuff.

I have an idea of what I want, but the design would probably be too blah for some people.

The site design I have now is way to simple and I would like to improve on it. Any design I do would have to be able to be used with a quiz script (perl or php, not sure which) a FFA links script and a forum.

I wanted to do something like

Some cool graphic up here (I have an idea, but I don't know if I could do it)
Site Menu

(In the middle of the screen) News, Updates, sign up for my discussion mailing list

Poll or Quote of the day

I know I could do this with tables, but the codes are what I always get screwed up on. There is a site that has a template that would have a image at the top, but I would not use the menu spaces on the image.

Thanks for reading this. I hope someone can offer my some advice.

http://www.jediliz.net