User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I have a problem with my page. At a resolution of 800x600 everything looks fine but at 1024x768 the drop down menu doesn't seem to "folow" the buttons on the top. I made that menu in fireworks. It's funny but at a lower resolution as 640X480, it works fine. I also noticed that the menu doesn't work in netscape navigator 4.7. If you have a solution for that I would love to hear!thanx!
    That's my problematic site: http://www.netway.hpg.com.br

A home in the hills where the grass grows green an
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with the menus created with Fireworks is that they are not relative. They will only open at a specific position. The problem you are running into is that your talbe is centered on the page, and when it opens larger than the resolution you made it at...the navigation bar shifts, but the position where the menus open is not changed. Really your only option if you decide to use the Fireworks menus is to make your page static..that is everything is aligned with the left/top border instead of being centered in the browser.
    Think beyond what is common...
    www.jaggedknife.com
    www.fusion-in.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pena,

You could use one of the freely available scripts to do what you want and just use FW to create your graphics.The most comprehensive I've seen is at :

http://webreference.com/dhtml/hiermenus/

You'll have to poke around in the script but it does enable you to create relative or absolutely positioned pop up menus.

Have you asked about your problem in the MM Fireworks newsgroup? There's a lot of very helpful people there.

Shane