SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I have a site in process of development and I want some opnions about it. The content is being added as i have time, but the home page is ready and i would like you to have a look at it.
    please note: the site is in portuguese, so if you don't understand the content, please review the layout, menus etc.
    Thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe you are talking about http://www.netway.hpg.com.br/its better to post the address as not everyone would click on the home button The layout is generally okay in 800 x 600 resolutioni guess it was designed for that, but once it got to 1024 x 768, the logo and menus get out of position.I don't suggesst using layers in dreamweaver as they are hard to control.... in 1024 x 768, both the menus and logos are still at the same position, while the table is centered.Secondly, for the design and look, the buttons in the menu are overdone. The rollover effect is not neccessary and does not make it much nicer, in my opinion.Maybe its just my opinion but i prefer menus without buttons as backgrounds, just clean, simple tables with borders.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, providing the adress would help...http://www.netway.hpg.com.br

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i already did that anyway for some reason my line breaks got censored away.now its one big chunk.come on ppl, review this site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Pena,

Welcome. I cannot check the load time but with the number of things happening, it might be a bit long. Then again it would depend upon the target audience.

-----------------------

The element "quality is not recognized in the following:

<embed src="graficos/flash/logo.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="160" height="200">

-------------------------

The accessability items are not complete for the links. (Comment only-Since it is early in the construction.

I like the look of the front page. But was very unsuccessful in moving to other pages. The clicks resulted in a combination of 404 and blank pages that never completed loading.

In the language drop down, Pearl should probably be Perl.

You have made a good start, in my opinion.

One more suggestion:

Do a <div align="center"> just after the <body> tag. And close it with a </div> just before the </body> tag.

Take a look at the centered result and decide whether you want to leave it that way or not.

It may look better, then again, maybe not.

peace
    Last edited by edshuck; Feb 17, 2001 at 13:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again,

Just a quick look with NN 4.08 and I find that the two graphics (pictures) are boxed in with dark blue from the area with your title. This is not the case with ie5.5 and it would be a good idea to take a close look at the code around the graphics to see what the problem could be.

One thing it is not, is the use of nested tables. The deepest in this site is two. That probably is not causing this. I would look at t hat AFTER looking everywhere else.

peace

ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change the font face to verdana, tahoma or arial, in order to look better.Align the left bottom corner to left-bottom, or make the cell bg color white, because it looks ugly right now.That Flash thing is useless, in my oppinion.
    Soccer Directory | Travel Directory
    (free - reciprocal will give you featured status)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    macintosh/ieit looks like a college or a school website.you can name yor files index.html and just like to those sections like http://www.netway.hpg.com.br/programacao/ it doesn't have to be http://www.netway.hpg.com.br/program...ogramacao.html or you can just do http://www.netway.hpg.com.br/programacao.htmlon the main page there is to much space between the line break and the dw graphic. there is a lot of blue empiness where you can put stuff.on ie the logo is a diff blue than the table. or there is a white glow around the logo.
    I will Tell you what is wrong with your website and maybe what you can do to make it better.
    Professional Web Site Reviews ... Usability ...
    Contact Me god@stillsucks.com for more information ...
    look at my other reviews, to see what i have done.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everybody,and thanks for the comments. Poil, could you explain better what you mean about the page names cause i`m not sure what you want to say. About the flash stuff being useless, well i just felt that it would be a nice touch and anyway it`s just 3k of size. I think i will change something about that menu, maybe take out the rollover effect. Any more comments? Thanks again!

insert witty comment here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you did a pretty good job on this. The mouse overs are appropriate and not over done. The flash piece to the side fits fine, adds a touch of animation ... again not over done. I wouldnt just take things out based on one persons say, everybodies going to have prefrences. Visualy the site is fine, if your happy with the way it looks stick with it and polish it up a little Myros
    NeuralStudios.com
    Art, design, development and web management services.