SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Modified Preorder Tree Traversal

Well that thread title is a mouthful I've been using this article as a reference for setting up a categories hierarchy in MySQL. Maybe I'm not as bright as other but I've been having a bit of trouble getting my head around it. So far I can add categories no worries, that part works great but that's as far as the article goes

I've had a play and I can figure out how to delete a base node but how do I go about deleting a higher up category and taking all of it's subcategories with it? And what about moving categories and subcats around while keeping structure? I would rather this method as once I learn how to use it properly it seems to be much more powerful than the other method mentioned in the article I ust can't seem to get my head around it.

Does anyone have any answers to my questions or maybe some resources that'll help me find the answers on my own?

Thanks

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    wish i could help you, but i have never worked up enough gumption to try that method

send nagrom a pm, i know he knows it (although i don't know how available he is, he hasn't been seen around here in weeks)
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"