Thread: easy question

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easy question

ok this is an easy question but i don't know how to answer it

this is my code, this code will read everything i have in my data base and spit out a char of the top 20 music videos (rating+ the number they show up is counter) and we get an everage..
    now this does it for all the database
    i wanna limit it to read only 500 rows from the tables not the whole thing,, just the most 500 recent reviews and do the calculations on them,, so how can u do that,.. thanks in advance

$rs = new MySQLPagedResultSet("SELECT Album_ID, Artist_ID, SUM(Rating) AS sumratings from Reviews where MediaType='$MusicType' GROUP BY Album_ID ORDER BY sumratings DESC LIMIT 20",20, $cnx);?>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does your

Code:
    LIMIT 20",20,$cnx
    Refer to?

You could LIMIT 500 to show only 500 records, however that would only show the top 500 records according to 'sumratings' (which you have in your ORDER BY statement).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LIMIT 20",20, $cnx

refers to results u wanna show,, do u wanna show the top 10 or top 20 most popular results from the WHOLE database,,
    so what i mean trying to do is to show the top 20 most popular results from the latest most recent 500 reviews on my website,, and if u change the limit to 500 that doesn't change anything,,

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be easier to add another WHERE clause to say that the reviews are more recent than a certain date, than to try to only look at the last 500.. I'm not sure how that's possible in a single query.