User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up www.kupuj-taniej.com redesigned

www.kupuj-taniej.com

I made it with flash, how is it? Planning on adding some rollover effects today but how is the site design?

PS. it's in polish but i only want feedback on the design itself obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The header and footer are very different styles, I would lose the current footer and replace it with a shorter version more closely related to the header's style. You should also convert your flash stuff to gif and not have the animations.

The navigation in the flash part of the header is hard to click on because you have to click the text itself. But it would be better to slice up the images and have them all as gifs.

The tuorquoise gradient into blue is blinding and doesn't really work with the rest of the site. Also, the text is a little bit hard to read, try changing the background color. The background color of the whole site should also be a little bit different than the background color of the iframe thing too, so the user is drawn to the content.

The site really doesn't need flash to function. I suggest to have static images, an iframe in the middle if you want, but tables or divs would be even better. If you really want to use flash then have a small animation at the top of the page.

Edit:

and i REALLY like that dolphin header on the top, its really really cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its nice, but the site could have been made in html and looked just as good. One thing you need to to on all of your links is to use the 'hit' part of the button object. in the 'hit' frame you but a box that will not be seen but that is where you can press the button or 'hit' it.
    My Designs Velocity Designs
    My Newest Creation Skin & Bone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I definately like the top header design, but the image quality isn't that great - especially the logo. The logo also looks a bit like the Osiris shoes one.

As for the text buttons on the header, I suggest you draw a rectange in the hit button state in flash of a little bigger size then the text.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WinXP - Mozilla 1.5 - DSL

The loading time of your site was very fast. Unfortunally after laoding the website nothing happend. The navigatiuon didn't work? Also i should remove the horizontal scroller in the text area.

Ciao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, the header and footer are too large. The content on them does not justify their size. The bottom of the header has what seem to be potential links, but the text is hard to read with that light color behind them. In general the background color is hard to look out; kind of "blinding".

I don't know this language, but the text/content in the scolling window would be unreadable for any search engine. HTML would be a better alternative, giving the Bots something to find. Also, adding description, keywords, and alternative text would help, perhaps you were already aware of this.

Just some tweaks and it can work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    horizontal scroll at 800x600.

the minimal effect you gained from being done in flash does not justify this being done in flash.

this is nothing different than the html version you did, just recycled into flash for no benefit. basically just redundant

my previous comments on the html version still apply such as the header not being appropriate to vacation travel

SitePoint Enthusiast Impressions's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the image at the bottom of the page created in Flash by using the trace bitmap feature?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with DSC. I am not against Flash at all, but full Flash sites have their place in web design, and work well when used for smaller entertainment sites (band sites, web/graphic design studios etc.) to achieve effects such as animation, that are not possible with (x)html code alone. Flash can also work well on headers, but I strongly recommend that in your case you change at least the content part to (x)html. Especially because you're not using it for anything extraordinary and it will also badly hurt your search engine placement.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the header and footer are way to big. Plus the text used looks very jaggered.
    i am not feeling this design at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I quite like the header, looks very good although for the footer I'd go with something thin and text only. That will add a more professional look and less overboard on the graphics.

And as the others have said, why Flash? That could easily be done in XHTML, load faster (although currently it loads pretty quick), be more functional and actually rank on a search engine. If you have a knack in Flash but can't code then export as a image and pay someone in the Trading Post here like $20 to slice it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...

first i didn't understand much your site. i don't know your language. but i have saw design of your site and some thing so i am gona to say a few words about it

i think your layout isn't somthing special. it is old and no interesting.
    you could easely make some changes and it will be better.

mybe you should make english version too.

i give it 3.5/10