SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi i was wondering if it isnt to much bother for you to review my site , it is a clan website for a game called age of empires its supposed to be for the clan iam in and anyone who is involved in the game but as a learner to web sites this is my 1st , it was made in dream weaver 4, please be harsh let me know what u think d/l speeds etc browser compatability just to let u know the site is still being worked on and some links dont work eg the forum and guest book but thats because the server iam using doesnt allow them or cgi? scripts so i need to link to a good 1
    antway i thank you in advance for your time and i hope you enjoy looking around
    thanks
    let me have it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi rascal,

Sure there is time. Always time for you. I got NS installed and will be able to view in both IE and NS.

First the IE

I like the look of the front page. The DOW is great with the shadows.

The Zone and MFO are the only links on the left that are active.

Can you add a hot link from the top of the forum to Dow as you have at the bottom?

Nice looking page in IE

Now for Netscape 4.08

The menu bar at the top splits into groups.HomeNews and Members is one group and the other items are seperated in varying amounts. The spacing is not uniform.

The text is also extending across the page. On IE the text was confined to about an 800 width.

But news is confined and the text wraps at about the 800 again.

The balance of the page is a repeat of the above. Nothing new.

Code:

A look at the code reveals that the only errors are related to the accessability issues.

peace

ed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks ed,but how can i make it look better in netscape ?i really have no idea about netscape compatibility where can i go to find out such things.thanks again
    let me have it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmmm my last post didnt show???anyway again thanks for the review ed but hopw can i sort out the compatibility problem is there any special code i can insert or do i have to make a brand new one for netscapenavigator?thanks again
    let me have it

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,Your site realy looks great to me. The only thing i would change on it is centering the main table. That's all!Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,Doesn't your website have the same look as microsoft's zone.com? This may bring on lawsuits!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

when i looked at the dow site, my impression was that the dow site was linking to the msn site and that a link was OK.

My definition is not the legal one but here goes: First, there is no claim to content or part of the content of t he linked to site.

Second, the site linked to is allowed the entire space, similar to the _top command in frames.

Third, there are no modifications made to the linked site.

To return to the DoW site, the back arrow must be used.

If you notice something I did not mention, please let me know.

I do not think there is any intent to cause any harm to MSN, nor to claim their property or work. And I do see a benefit to MSN in the additional distribution of their page.

peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rascal

With the website reviews being moderated, the "start new threads" and "reply" currently both go to the moderator and are then released.

Thus the delay in your post getting to the forum.

Thanks for the heads up

ed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eeeeek you really think i could get into trouble for using the back ground of the zone.coms site?i mean all i intended wasa to make it look similar to the site so we could have a home from home if you like ,but if you think i could get into trouble for making it look so much the same i can change it no probs but thanks for pointing this out to me i shall now email them to find out if they have a problem agianst me using the background(the rest was made by me in fireworks)thanks
    let me have it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,I am really not sure, but I think edshuck may have a point. I really don't know, I am not a law expert. Edshuck could be right! To be in the safe side, send them an email. They may not respond immediately, but its worth a try.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an ok layout/design. All the links need to werk like edshuck said. It needs a little more werk but it looks pretty good.