SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a "BIG" problem converting layers to table in DREAMWEAVER. Everytime i try to convert layers to table, it says that there are layers which are overlapping.That is, they can't convert.I tried to search in the help section is there is anyway that i can convert the layers to tables with the overlapping stuff !

Brian
    What must i do ?

???

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My immediate response would be - read the responses posted last time you asked this question.

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx for your "helpful" reply. I posted this thread because the previous one didn;t help me AT ALL .Hoping that this one wilbb be a sucess!!!

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

You have to make sure that in the Layers Pallette "Prevent Overlaps" is checked.

It kinda takes away the effect of layers, but, that's the only way to even try to convert them.

I have had many times when I was working with Layers, none of them were overlapping, and then it STILL wouldn't let me convert either....but that is beyond me.

This is my best guess for you to try. Dreamweaver 4 handles the conversion better then Dreamweaver 3.

Thanks,

Eric
    http://www.fivemiledesign.com
    eric@fivemiledesign.com

Procrastinator Extraordinaire lucas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choose Modify > Arrange > Prevent Layer Overlaps

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use DW3 or 4?

If you have a licenced version of 3, try to beg or borrow to get v4 upgrade - it's much improved and will handle this problem better.

If you are using 4, scratch the layers idea and use tables - you can float them around in much the same way as layers and it will do the rest for you to make sure that your cells stay where you want them.

To stress points made last time, you CANNOT convert layers to tables where you have overlaps, so simply preventing future overlaps is not gonna solve the problem, you'll have to shuffle your layers around first.

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,
    i know a guy that was kean to pass me the Dreamweaver 3.0 . The full version. But he craked the program. He downloaded the dreamweaver 3.0 TRIAL and then he craked it.IS it safe for him to go to macromedia and upgrade ?? Won't the catch him ?

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Well that is wrong to crack it like that. I don't know if they would actually do something, but they sure as heck wouldn't give your the upgrade.

Eric
    http://www.fivemiledesign.com

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that MAcroemdia do some very goos student discounts. Flash 5 for educaiton is only 33!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used dreamweaver for two web sites and now i have a problem that is embarrassing me. I designed a web site and during the web design process i previewed all the pages(home page and relevant pages)satisfactorily.

But when i uploaded the site i found out that i can only view the home page and all the links that are working properly when previewed are no longer accessible.

I even get a message box saying i should check the page organization. Whereas, when i preview it before uploading it was okay? Any help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by fashola
    I have used dreamweaver for two web sites and now i have a problem that is embarrassing me. I designed a web site and during the web design process i previewed all the pages(home page and relevant pages)satisfactorily.

But when i uploaded the site i found out that i can only view the home page and all the links that are working properly when previewed are no longer accessible.

I even get a message box saying i should check the page organization. Whereas, when i preview it before uploading it was okay? Any help.
    make sure your links are pointing in the right direction (link.htm or http:\\www.your page\link.htm) and not somthing like C:\My%20Documents\My%20Webs\Webpage\link.htm

.NET Code Monkey

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot and i think i will do the verification again because over the weekend i tried to solve this riddle and it was impossible.

I think i am now going to work it out as you advised and pending.