SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do a lot of developing on my current job's online store (owner just started his web presence). Well, the problem i keep seeming to bump into is that i would develop the web page (mostly for IE..cause, well.. Netscape isn't all the great).
    But when I view my web page on other browsers (Netscape for Linux, older versions of netscape, IE for Mac) wierd and strange things happen. Tables look wierd...sizing is off... images are all wacky!

Is there such thing as a browser emulator that can show your page as it would look like on a diff't browser? or an HTML validator? Can someone suggest something close to this?

Or will i be forced to install 15 diff't browsers so i can accomodate Joe Shmoe running an outdated version of Netscape (heh, like any version).

thanks!

*long time lurker, 2nd time poster*
    ...hey don't touch that...

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a site that will let you download older versions ofo popular browsers, and some other browsers that you've probably never heard of! (Santa's Browser?)

http://browsers.evolt.org

Also the well-known Browserola program, which emulates the major browsers, can be downloaded here:

http://www.codo.com/browserola/

Unfortunately, they're no longer selling the program, but you can download a trial version.

Hope this helps!
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to validate your HTML (just to make sure your HTML's OK), use W3C's validator online.
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)