SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Please Review GoRadic.Com

can you tell me what you think about the site...initial standpoint and stuff i might need to add. also for those of you that might actually sign up for the banner exchange can you tell me what needs to be added in terms of features and visual interface....cause im really lost on what to do there.

thx

http://www.goradic.com
    Last edited by GoRadic.Com; Apr 26, 2004 at 16:48.
    Promote Your Site For Free:
    Go Radic Banner Exchange

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Firstly, I would edit your post to include a link to your site. Second, I would finish your other pages.

The lines between the navigational links are not entirely blue. The top portion of the lines are white. I don't believe this is intentional, but if it is I don't believe it looks good and gives the impression that the layout is broken. I also suggest you reorder the links. Don't you think products is more important and should be second?

Your use of images is debatable. The ones you have used add no value to your actual content. They are distracting and seem like very generic stock photos. They don't make me want to "buy" into the ad exchange program. If you're going to use photos in this way I suggest you take your own.

I believe you should highlight the products page link so users know where they are on your site.

Reviewer details:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Foxfire 0.8
    Pentium 4 2.40GHz
    1.00 GB of RAM
    Broadband Internet Connection
    -Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1280x1024 Firefox - Cable
    loadtime is a little slow.
    like lewis said, the navigation with the white bar. it doesnt look that good. Also the text on the left side is a little hard to read. Other than that the loadtime is the only major thing.
    My Designs Velocity Designs
    My Newest Creation Skin & Bone

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can u try lookin at the site with IE, cause it looks fine
    Promote Your Site For Free:
    Go Radic Banner Exchange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, its exactly the same in IE and in Firefox.
    The loadtime is the only issues.
    My Designs Velocity Designs
    My Newest Creation Skin & Bone

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoRadic.Com
    can u try lookin at the site with IE, cause it looks fine
    Aside from a little more whitespace below "Hosting Sites" in Foxfire, Internet Explorer and Foxfire display the page identically.
    -Lewis

SitePoint Enthusiast Impressions's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get the connection between Go Radic Banner Exchange and Go Radic Software. I think that you are trying to market your site, but what are you trying to market?

I would recommend that you read a few books on internet marketing to get a better idea what works and what doesn't. The internet is a different ball game when it comes to marketing and there are several differences between it and more traditional marketing methods. The more you learn about this, the more you'll be able to position yourself on the web.

Here is a list of some books I have found to be very helpful:

Designing and Writing Online Documentation, by William Horton

101 Internet Marketing Tips for Your Business, by Jeff Davidson

Getting Business to Come to You, by Paul and Sarah Edwards, Laura Clampitt Douglas and Laura Clampitt
    Search Engine Visibility by Shari Thurow

Net Words by Nick Usborne

I know it looks like a lot to have to read and it will be even more work trying to apply the information to your line of work, but in the long run it will pay off. I wish I could just pass this knowledge on to you, but like I said, Iím not a marketing expert. I read these books with my business in mind and you will find that you may get something entirely different out of them than I did.

Did I miss the boat on this one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the images in the header seem to be very low quality jpgs. You should convert them all to gif, they will look better and load faster.

Also, the buttons at the bottom of the page make the site look very unprofessional, I would remove them.

Other than that, good job!

Firefox 0.8
    Windows XP
    1.7 ghz celeron
    256mb ram
    cable connection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the stupid free stuff logos at the bottom the site looks really good.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all of the graphics look low res, like from a template or something.

i think you are trying to look professional, and there are some parts that could be altered...

the login picture with people doing yoga behind the comp screen is definitely not something you want to use.

the free links buttons at the bottom bring your site down a few levels.

there is a picture of a support woman, but there is nothing selling advanced supoprt features of any kind. the image is just "floating" there.

padding needs to be fixed on the left hand nav.

your rollovers are very slow to load...and the text on the rollovers just seems to be tahoma, should mak them plain html with css background color hover states.

the heirarchy of the nav bar at the top also needs to be adjusted.

is it good to have news posted once every 8 months? if that is the case remove the dates, or adjust the 2003 date to something that reflects more recent.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site loaded fine here. I like the layout and lines of the site. I agree with the above posts about how it looks odd that the rollover blue on the nav doesn't match the blue on the bottom line. and the free banners on the bottom..

Also, it is a little hard to read the text on the left side.. the white text on light blue.

Other than that, looks good.

1280x1024
    safari 1.2
    OSX

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the photos do not match the site at all! Also the links down the bottom of the page look crappy. Your site loaded ok here, but the images in the header look very 'messy' and unprofessional.