SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I finnished redesigning my website (http://www.franjieh.com/). I would appreciate any suggestions and comments that you may have regarding the website. Complement where there is complementing and criticize where there is criticism. I hope you will like it!

I have been here to this great forum last year for my old website. I forgot about it later on, but this time I am hooked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi franjieh

Welcome to SitePoint forums and to Web Site Reviews. Thank you for your participation with both the reviews and with posting your site.

Here is how I will review your site. First, a look at the code. There are things that are frequently left undone and I will mention the most common before even looking. In the src tag the alt= element for accessability is now a required attribute. Not my requirement, something called the w3c. But most sites do not do this work and I suspect they pay with fewer visits. Then in the anchor A tag, the accesskey= I have never seen complete. It provides a hotkey set for links and is a really nice way of welcoming special needs folks. Another is the longdesc=, this provides a link to extensive descriptions. ie. If the Mona Lisa were on your site, you could link to a really complete description.

If there is an accessability problem with your site I will mention it but not dwell. If you want the whole bunch, let me know.

Evaluation of the code: None of the accessability is done. Otherwise the code is clean. I checked for any height="100%" and there were none. We have seen a few of them and what they do to Netscape and Macs is absolutely horid.

Moving to the appearance:

The site is centered. Great.
    The logo is nice, clean.
    The radius is nice on each of the curves.
    The colors are good on the main page.
    The text has room (not jammed), centered where appropriate, justified where needed, easily readable. Maybe just a <br> above the Welcome to .....

Archives page:

jammed links, suggest using just a couple of pixels of cellpadding to get the horizontal spacing, Same for the right hand content.

Code is very clean, same problem as before.

I viewed the other pages, did not check the code.

peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,Your site is very neat. Thats good.The code looks alright.Here are some pointersI would strongly advise a touch of paddings on all your tables. Leave some gap between the content and the edges. It would prove to be better in looks and professionalism.Your Text Size is excellent. Very readable.On to critiques...your banner at the top of eveyr page.I don't see the relation of the colour of that banner and the rest of your site. Try something different. adding graphics to your banner, rather then just text.Good luck with your site!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent design overall. The positive comments are well deserved.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good design overall. I think that the main logo could be more memorable as without a memorable logo, you won't be distinguished from your competition, which is extremely important in the competitive internet world.I don't know if the idea of the site is going to end up working out, as it is just a links page and it's going to be really hard to promote it as many sites don't want anything to do with links pages, but it's a workable concept and who knows what will happen with it.I wish you the best of luck with it. I would suggest working on getting some good link partnerships or something to grow the site further, as that is going to be the only way the site will prosper, obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,Thank you all, edshuck, lynlimz, westmich and jigga! I appreciate all your comments and I will be on implementing or fixing what you guys have suggested. I will also be adding some new sections to increase the content on my website. I have over 1500 ezine subscribers and I get around 2000 banner impressions per month. I hope I can increase that with some new promotion strategies I learned about. I would appreciate if more people gave me their reviews and tell me what they like to see on my website. What kind of content..etc... Ok, thats it! Thank you all again!Regards,N. Franjiehhttp://www.franjieh.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

You are welcome!!!

Come back, with or without a site for review. Your help is always most appreciated.

ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey No Prob.Everyone helps one another here.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must agree with everyone above..... the site looks great. I just have one question. Why don't you have the sites come up in a new window? That way the users won't be leaving your site every time they click on a link. Good luck, -JRW