SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi any chance for a very quick review,

there absolutley loads to do, i need some comments on how its starting to shape up, im hoping that will give me the incentive to get my head down and finish it.

IT IS VERY EARLY IN PRODUCTION**

http://www.e-skylark.com/die

cheers m8e's
    Andysan :-)
    "do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a wise dragon"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, Flash as the primary and only option for a business site seems less then professional, not to mention the accessibilty issues.

The graphics looked pretty good and the dragable box is semi-impressive.

One other problem, the text along the top for navigation and within the dragable box is very hard to read. I am using IE 5.5 on a PC with 1024 x 800 resolution.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers i will get round to html version as well,,i started as a site just for me, thanx again your comments are welcomed.
    "do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a wise dragon"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks really good. Nice use of color and flash, but I still don't know what the site is about. You should somehow portray the site's purpose within the first 5 pages of the site. The only problem that I had was that it was hard to read some of the text, although there wasn't much in the first place. Anyway, keep up the work on it, I'll check back to see what it looks like in the future.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding a title to the first page is a must. It's not a very good impression when you enter a site and at the top you see "Untitled Document". The flash stuff looks nice but, the words are way too hard to read. That's all!Cheers!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artistically impressive. Great eye candy. Maybe a bit of overkill, but there are clients out there who want sites that can do all sorts of tricks and they will love you and your site.Aside from the readability issue mentioned above, I noticed some issues with navigation. When I clicked on the Flash Design link and it opened up that window, I couldn't figure out how to go to any of the other links I had seen on the previous page without going clicking on the "Enter Flash Portal" link on the main page (which was open in the background). Did I miss something? Are there links to the "Static Design", "Designer Details" and other pages on this page? On the "Static Design" page, I ran into a similar problem, although I eventually figured out that if I hovered over the numbers at left, I would see what they linked to. Again, kind of a neat trick, but not easy to navigate. (Also, could only get 1 & 2 to take me to another page; clicking 3, 4 and 5 didn't do anything).Other than navigation, the only other issues I saw were two I assume you will address as you further develop the site: 1) Grammar could be tweaked a bit. Although there isn't much text, I noticed a few errors. 2) I couldn't get the "Visit Site" link to work on the Flash Design page and the screen shots do not appear to be links. I assume the final version will include links to the sites.I would love to see you do some stuff that is just eye candy. Someday soon I think we'll see flat screen monitors mouted on walls showcasing the "new art" - basically stuff like you are doing, only without any functional purpose, just art for art's sake.Excuse any ignorance that may be apparent in this post as I am not at all familiar with Flash, although I find it very fun to watch. I am only critiquing it as a site - usability, etc. Good luck with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank sahar your comments were very welcoming, yes theres absolutley loads to do, iv only done a couple pages thats why the linxs are working, ill do something with copy, and have an intro page, explaning who i ma, the sites for me,thanx aginf for your comments everyone and ill post again when i finally get it finished.ttfn (ta ta for now.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you first get to the site it took me a few second to find the "flash poral link" I think this should stand out more. On the first page I don't think you should give the user the option to drag the box. There is no point to move it so why even though I am very impressed by it. Also when you click on the top links I think you should change the page another way then fadeing out. I hate to say this but that is so 1997-98. Other then that and a little less agressive music I think you will do fine.
    http://www.hostinquiry.com
    Look up your host today!
    ----------------------------
    ~Dylan Schiedel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah everyone needs a little but kick every once in a while. Including myself.. Some times I have to kick myself just to write some good content for my sites.

Ok But Kick number 1…
    If you are going to have sound on you site try to keep the Exit Sound button in the same spot so people don’t have to look for it.

But Kick 2
    The Mouth that is jittering all around is pretty cool I might have to borrow that idea sometime... The only thing is I would try to clean it up a little, you can tell its just a square moving around. I would do something like making the image a little transparent.

But Kick 3
    The navigation has to go… through it out… Your ideas are good, your artistic ability are good… so why the text button links? Ok so I give you an extra But Kick for those page links. I want to see something that goes with the site.

Well over all I like the Flash Design. It’s a little standard now days though this type of design has been done to death. But I like it and have done many sites like this before… its still my favorite type of website design. Even if it is overdone...

I will come back latter when you have made some changes. And give you more But Kicks..LOL
    Last edited by BubbaGump; Feb 20, 2001 at 10:23.
    Neal Bailey..........| Email|ICQ 54338088
    Biz Websites .......| Lone Star Classics - Classic Cobra Replicas
    Personal Sites .....| Advanced GraF/X | Xtreme-OZ
    Artwork & Photos | Advanced GraF/X - Artwork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :rollin

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW - I like it a lot. That is for entertainment purposes only. At 56K it still loaded real fast too which was really nice. You should really see what kind of stuff you can do with those skills you show here. IMPRESSIVEBrian Wilmothttp://www.jumpnow.net/"You can die but your never dead" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Brian Wilmot
    http://www.jumpnow.net/
    http://www.uglybillboards.com/

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed, stunning graphics! But, black is not my favorite color ;-) I prefer colors like http://life.meetweb.com/ or www.oeps.beYour logo is too small and not easy to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks too small in 1280 x 1024.
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!