SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's just mine but I think other have the promblem too! I'm trying to create an user reistration page on my site the only promblem no matter what I do when I click on the tools tab and go down to secrity it's allways grayed in and I tried everything to fix this but still no luck if any one else has had this promblem and fixed please let me know how I could really use it!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The security tab on FP interacts with the security settings of the server. You need to conected to your on-line site and multiple users needs to authorized through your host provider.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably need to make sure that your hosting provider supports Frontpage extensions too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah...
    If you want a user registration, i strongly am against your ide aof using frontpage and its stuff.

few years back, I read some article about fonrtpage extensions posing a security problem..no idea if its fixed. ( i guess so..that was osme time )..

neveetheless, your solution to your problem would be to rid of that entire systme and go for a free, better solution like getting a php or cgi scirpt.

to ge tone, go to http://www.hotscripts.com to search.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein