Thread: another review

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

another review

Hi,

I have just finished this site
    http://www.aussiebusinesscorporation.com.au (well almost finished)

Looking for opinions on all aspects of the site.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    erm bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first thought was that it would look a lot better centered in the browser. Also, the font used on the buttons is really small and light, making it a bit difficult to read. Depending on your market, this could be a problem. If you are trying to reach 30+ year old business people, remember that the eyesight gets worse as you get older. I hear that a lot even just within the company I work for - if it's small print they won't even bother unless it is really important correspondence.

I like the colors you chose, makes for a very appealing look. The graphics on your banner are very nice too. Simple, but it makes a strong statement.

SitePoint Enthusiast atotalstranger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that the design is simple and clean overall. A few issues:

1) Too much space at the top of the page - there's a lot of blank space before even getting to the banner.

2) I think there's too little contrast among your colors and they are probably too light as well.

3) The font on the buttons is very small and kind of unclear. Enlarge or bold it.

4) Same for the font on the left. The addition of italics makes that text even more unclear.

5) Not sure what you're offering. You should emphasize what your site can do for visitors/what problem(s) you can help them with.

Overall, pretty nice looking - good potential, but needs to be a little easier to read and a little more bold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    US Dollars on an Aussie Business site???

It does look quite good, though. But I do agree that it took me a second to figure out what was being offered... There's also that space at the top of the logo to be dealt with. Other than that, I like it a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty well rounded and nicely designed website.
    The only thing I might change/add is on the contact page...try making a CSS to go with it, something subtle like the button would be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The page looks great in IE6. I think just a few changes would make it much easier to navigate.

I agree that the links need to be more clear. I notice that the links on the bottom of the page are brown, and the ones on top are not. I think navigation would be much more clear if they were all the same color, bigger and perhaps bold and underline. The "Make it Happen" button looks nice, but it would be more obvious that it is clickable if it looked more like a regular 3D button.

Where it says "Welcome to Aussie Business Corporation is two colors, and it looks really nice and fits with the logo, but its a bit confusing, because the blue bit makes it look like a link.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks professional. I think making the rollovers more prominant would be a plus. Good job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well

The look of the site is just fine. Simple and professionnal looking.

As for the content, the buttons doesn't work, so I couldn't get to know what your offering (I guess your still working on the sections )

Keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice design. loved the color cobination. very relaxing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments guys.

I will be making the navigation bolder in a few days.

valanhb - What browser are you using? IE5? Maybe its time to upgrade Font wise, I will check with the client if he would like it bigger. The focus is on small business owners so you're probably right.

davidjmedlock - Dont ask

Vension.com - I am not quite understanding your suggestion, the whole site is built with css.

Everyone, to see the other pages (which have been disabled by the owner for unknown reasons) just type in the button name.html to see the corresponding page.

I will make the navigation more visible within the next few days.

As for the content, I actually have no control over it, and although I have made many suggestions, this is what the client wants so theres not much I can do about that.

Thanks everyone for the valuable feedback