Thread: Business Cards

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy JRMillion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Business Cards

Hello.
    I want to get some basic business cards online and I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences.
    I want high quality stock with 2 color printing (black + 1 color). I don't want the full-color crappy paper ones that many sites advertise.
    I was thinking about ordering a set from http://www.designyourowncard.com/ but i figured i'd check here first.

thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just visit your local Staples or office store? Most have 2 color cards that are cheaper than what you would pay on the web (no shipping).

My father always just got cards from a local office store. That way you can touch and feel too. After spending what seemed like forever in the store while my parents decided on paper I guess I want to see and touch first if it is that important .
    Lauren and Auster

The dog is a reflection of his master. - Max v. Stephanitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I have gone to a few printing stores, but many seem to have the book of options and not real samples, and they say the cards are not printed on-site.
    I will go check staples and see what they have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, guess the stores in your area are different. I'm not sure the office supply stores in my area print on site, but the definitely had samples. But then I guess most web sites would send out samples too if asked.

Calling around might be easier. I don't have any experience with print shops (well, outside of the uni), so it's good to know that the office stores must not be that bad . Now that I think about it they might charge extra for a custom layout or graphic, so it might end up being a wash.
    Lauren and Auster

The dog is a reflection of his master. - Max v. Stephanitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ordered business cards online from www.psprint.com many times and they were great. If you don't have full color graphics I would definitely choose a matte card, it just looks better.

Now I have a local print shop that I do some work through now and again, and they let me print whatever I want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool, I will check this out. thanks.