User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everybody.

I'd like you all to review my website.
    take a look at the colors used, the navigation and that stuff.
    The website is still under heavy construction on some parts of the website ( ICQ skins categories etc.)
    I'd like to hear your suggestions.
    I know that the forum is not working correctly ( I posted a HELP message on this forum too so I am working on this )

All suggestions, comments, complaints, and feedback is welcome.

Regards.
    Webmaster of Skinsworld.net
    webmaster@skinsworld.net
    www.skinsworld.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and thanks for the reviews.

Comments about the home page.

I like the way you tell me which page I am on. Nice

I think there may be too many colors in the page. If the color was blue for your page and there were several shades used, that would be OK. But the mix of blue green and purple make it a bit loud.

I did a search for skins, not being with it, I had no idea what they were. I looked at two sites and found the color consistent with the above. Recommend you consider it.

The color on the message board are gray. Can they come into line with the page colors? And is there a way to put a logo onto the board.

Now for a look at some of the code:

<ilayer src=http://www.bannerport.net/cgi-bin/tz.cgi?run=ifcall&pubid=1005645&pageid=1&loc=200&site=2&stat=34 width=468 height=60 border=0></ilayer>

border is not a recognized element of the ilayer tag.

<a HREF http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...qskins?tag-id="icqskins&amp;placement=holiday-home-btn-120x90.gif&amp;site=amazon&quot;">

Unrecognized attribute of the a tag. There are a couple of problems with the link. First , the form a href=" does not have the =". Then there is another problem but I am not sure where . Recommend dl'ing a new link from the associate area.

<IFRAME width="468" height="78" SCROLLING="no" FRAMEBORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0"
    MARGINWIDTH="0" BORDER="0" HSPACE="0" VSPACE="0" SRC="http://server1.affiliatetargetad.com/etarget/target.cgi?icqskins">

HSpace and vspace bring in alarms in the above, two occurances and one more ilayer problem in the same area.

There could well be a problem in some of the netscape users with the table nesting depth.

The web hosting page is obviously not a part of the skins site. I do not know how the tie in would work, design wise. Perhaps starting with the design there and working backward to the skins page.

Thank you

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Well, the website looks professionally created, but there are a few problems. The website is not optimized for 800x600 users and below. I recommend that you fix it at least for the 800x600 users and make it readable for the 640x480. There is white space between the subscription box and the advertisements. The advertisements should be aligned to the left, not centered. I do not think that the 'InYourEmail.com' is appropriate because it produces a lot of white space on the right. The popup boxes are annoying, but I am not sure if that is from the webhost or not. In the 'Contact Us' section, the form is gray. I recommend changing it to the website's blue color. As mentioned by edshuck, the web hosting and web design sections are not appropriate for the theme of your website. You can put a link to those section at the bottom of every webpage and make an entire new website to cover these subjects. In your logo, you say 'For all your favoure winamp, icq, yahoo skins', which to my knowledge is wrong. You can try 'For all your favourite WinAmp, ICQ and Yahoo skins!' In the privacy and advertise sections, you are using the green color, you can try changing it to dark blue or black. Also, change 'Privacy' to 'Privacy Policy'. That's it for me! Hope I have helped you, and please don't take my word on everything.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the website I am talking about is www.skinsworld.netAlready thanks fr your review edshuck !I will take a look at it.Hope to see some more reviews .. Regards
    webmaster@skinsworld.net
    www.skinsworld.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, all I really have to say is that you shoudl perhaps update your copyright info.Also, you really need to make your site compatible with 800x600 resolution! It's the most used resolution and people really don't like scroll bars at the bottom of the page.That's all I have to say, nice site!
    -Nick

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, The site looks realy good but, as others have said you should optmize it for 800x600 resolution as soon as possible. I also thing that your menu is too big. In my opnion, a drop down menu would add a nice touch here.Cheers!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Pena, but I don't like dropdown-menu's that much and I think it would be very confusing for Skinsworld.net's visitors when they have to handle a dropdown-menu.I am using php now for the website and the menu's of course, and currently it is doing pretty well.Also...I try to find a sollution to optimise the resolution for the visitors.Thanks for replying, some more reviews would be appreciated.(please tell me some other things then the resolution, I know that now and I don't want to read it 100 times over and over again )Regards.
    webmaster@skinsworld.net
    www.skinsworld.net