SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

I found a site a few months back that let's you auction off open ad space in your ezine. I am in no way affiliated with them. I just thought some of you may get some use out of it. I will probably give them a try at some point in the future, if the need arises.

Anyhow here's the addy http://www.ezineadauction.com. click on "browse auctions" on the left. Good luck!
    Bob Messinger
    Movie-Fever.com - News, Reviews, Trailers..
    Movie Fever Forums - Visit and discuss movies with other fans!

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been auctioning off unsold ad space at this site regularly and it almost always sells. Great for unsold space!

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what kind of CPM do you get?

... you sure that URL is correct? I get a big 404 on it.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked out that site and it looked good... up until I saw you had to pay them a percentage of what you make off your auction. I'd rather struggle to sell it myself than pay them.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole idea is to sell the space you haven't already sold, silly. That way no matter what % you pay to them, it's more than the $0 you would've gotten.

The URL in whoever posted first's post has a period after the .com so remove it or just type EzineAdAuction.com yourself.

I'm generally getting around $10CPM on top ad space (selling about $20 for 2000 subscribers) as compared to the regular rate I charge when I sell the space myself of $25.

Considering I may make about $70/month from auctioned space alone, separate from that which I do sell, the $9 I pay to the auction site at the end of the month is just fine with me -- I know the owner pretty well now, Merle's a great person, and she deserves the few bucks the site makes for all the hard work she spends on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the "whoever" who posted the addy with the period at the end of the .com http://www.ezineadauction.com there

I didn't realize that they get a percentage, as you can see in my post I have never actually used their services.

Anyhow, I agree with WebDev -- It's used for unsold space. If I had no problem filling ad space I sure wouldn't be trying to auction it off.
    Bob Messinger
    Movie-Fever.com - News, Reviews, Trailers..
    Movie Fever Forums - Visit and discuss movies with other fans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by WebDevPortal
    The whole idea is to sell the space you haven't already sold, silly. That way no matter what % you pay to them, it's more than the $0 you would've gotten.
    Point taken, but I meant I would rather sell the space by myself than more quickly sell it and give them a commision from it.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but you could sell per issue on the auctions and might need an advertiser ASAP, whereas it might take you mroe time to find one yourself and you might not do it in time for the next issue!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if there are any sports e-zines that one can advertise in especially catering to people who like to gamble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems really good! Does anyone know of a place like this where they'd allow you to sell regular banner ad space?

btw-Dan, are you the same person that writes those great articles that I use at my own website, and that can be read at iBoost?
    Duarte Carrilho da Graša
    RailsHelp.com: Searchable Rails reference
    CACA: Committee for the Annihilation of Complicated Acronyms

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lirux -- yes, I am that author. I'm glad you use my work in your own site!

I'm assuming then that you're a subscribe to my newsletter? Or do you get it from the free content lists I submit to? Just wondering where..

To the person who asked about auctioning banner ads.. there is another site, which basically copied EzineAdAuction.com (the owner of this site didn't just happen to come up with the same idea, they were a repeat user of the site before copying it) -- but they expanded theirs to include banner ad auctions rather than just newsletter ads. I believe their URL is http://www.webmasterbids.com - I haven't been there in about a month, but when I was, it seemed very few if any of the auctions had any bids on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am 'the person' who asked about banner space auctions ,) and, since I don't suppose anyone likes using sites that stole ideas to someone, and I think you said you know the owner of the site, maybe you cold ask him/her about banner space auctions? - or maybe you don't have that kind of relationship with the person...

PS - Dan: I get the articles from the article announce list (the ones that start with [aainet] and [aabusiness]). I've got outlook Express set to automatically flag messages coming from you!
    Duarte Carrilho da Graša
    RailsHelp.com: Searchable Rails reference
    CACA: Committee for the Annihilation of Complicated Acronyms

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what you would want me to ask.. I know the owner of EzineAdAuction.com pretty well, but that site is (as the domain says) for ezine ads only. The other site, which I personally don't use - you'd have to research it yourself.