SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Input Text Boxes Masking and Movie Clips HELP PLEASE?

I created a sliding window that eases in with 4 pages for a clients site. In the movie clip when page 1 goes under the mask it is displayed page 2 and page 3 and so on. Page 3 is the contact page I placed input text boxes on it for the form fields but when you goe to that page the text boxes do not work. Is there a problem because of the mask? Try it your self . 1) make a graphic image . 2) then make it into a movie clip. 3) do som kind of mask inside the movie clip over the graphic image you made. 4) put input text boxes on the graphic image under the mask. 5) View the movie and try to type in the text boxes you will see they do not work. Does anyone know a work around for this?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy JRMillion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, select the text box, click "character" in the properties panel and tell flash to embed the font info, you can pick which characters it embeds in the swf..
    you need to do this when applying effects(masks or color effects) to dynamic or input texts.
    This applies to alpha, tints etc also...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks Jr How could I have been so stupid Thanks for the help I ran into a mental block embeded all the fields and its working fine now thanks!

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by JRMillion
    yes, select the text box, click "character" in the properties panel and tell flash to embed the font info, you can pick which characters it embeds in the swf..
    you need to do this when applying effects(masks or color effects) to dynamic or input texts.
    This applies to alpha, tints etc also...