SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are so many websites on net. a lot of website provide the consultant and resources (just like sitepoint.com). what are main sources of profit the site like sitepoint every month? if i want to start up a websiyte, what should be considered to maximize profit. what can i make money by providing resources to others? i am new. pls advice me. TQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SitePoint's obvious method of generating profit is through advertising - whether it be banners, buttons, or newsletter ads. Your request for help is so broad, I don't know where to start!

if i want to start up a websiyte, what should be considered to maximize profit. what can i make money by providing resources to others?
    Not sure I understand you, but you make a profit when your profits are greater than your expenses.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    besides advertising, what other can be sources of profit for sitepoint?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see how SitePoint (or any site) could make cash other than advertising or sponsorships
    I think it is extremely hard to profit from the internet - I don't even cover hosting costs on my site. I make about $1-2 per month, hosting is much more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, unless your site, which I mean general site, gets very very large amount of hits, you won't be able to make any soft of profits...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you want to get into the 'net just to make a profit it probably won't happen. First of all you picked a terrible time a secondly it will take some time if you want to make money on the interent. People that come to the internet with $$$ signs in their eyes are usually surprised!

< What's that doing there? I have no clue, but it's there and it's teleporting! Oh, it's late! Goodnight!
    -Nick

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the trick is not the fact thta they sell ads, but the fact that they can sell TARGETTED ads, targetted to very small audiences... inreasing click thru ratio's... with targetted ads, charges are high ... i remember seeing close to $30 / CPM (1000 views) for certain targetted ads on sitepoint
    cogito, ergo sum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vinay is correct.

From what I gather, SitePoint's traffic is far from staggering compared to other sites you wouldn't expect to be anywhere near as large.

However, as you can see on these forums, the people who do visit are very loyal, and the site itself is very "sticky", so to speak.

You'll also notice, as Vinay pointed out, that almost all of the ads on these sites are directly related to webmastering - they're highly targetted, and that's what makes SP so successful.

Anyway, if you're looking for a tip on how to make a profit: work on building loyalty, stickiness, and a massive mailing list - email advertising is, in my opionion, still FAR more effective than banner ads, which are going out of style very quickly.

Oh, and I also believe that those who stick it out long enough will be able to make a bit of cash in the end. The larger sites will start to drop due to outrageous expenses and careless investors, and there won't be such a huge surplus of content like there is now, where 50 sites all offer the exact same services.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reguardless of what any one says there are many ways to make money on the net and now may just be one of the best times considering all the people getting into it. The internet has made more people $$$ then any other thing ever. So built a good site and try to get traffic and sponsors and banners and sell stuff thats about it!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for your all advice. anyway, where to get the advertisement and sponsorship from net? and is affiliate program is work for generating more income?

insert witty comment here
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internet market is really no different than traditional markets. Do you have something people want? Yes? Then you should be able to make a profit if you manage it properly. Wether that is a product, information, services etc You cant just expect to create a web site and start making money in some magical way

Why would someone 'sponsor' your site?
    Why would people come to your site in the first place and then hopefully click advertising banners?
    If your offering the same thing as many other people why would they come to you rather than the thousands of others?

All questions we ask ourselves frequently is my guess

Myros
    NeuralStudios.com
    Art, design, development and web management services.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bear in mind that there is nothing like quick profit/money online because this is a world revolving around target market and professional networking.

Your very concept as a business person determines your profitability as someone said its not different from real business.

There are obvious profit resources to be generated from a web site, if everything is planned and organise very well. For instance a web site with a clear audience,(like this one)and inter activity can generate good financial resources from affliate programs, selling of services and the publication of ezines. The dream of any site owner is to have an ezines where professionals can advertise because they are sure of reaching a defined audience through the ezine world wide readership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alansoo, there is a forum here at SitePoint dedicated to this topic in particular, ie "Advertising Sales & Affiliate Programs". You can check it out here:
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/forum...p?s=&forumid=6

There are also several websites in existence that review the services offered by various ad networks, affiliate programs, popup companies and ezine brokers. One of these is my site (Net-Ads.com - in sig). Others include ClickQuick.com and Adbility.com.

Of course, as the wise contributors mentioned above, eBusiness is just like traditional business. Your success won't be determined by which program you join. It will come down to whether or not you are able to fill a niche, connect with your audience and attract quality traffic.

Good luck!
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st decide what you are going to sell and to whom.
    2nd design a site that will interest those people.
    3rd Get listed high on search engines.
    4th Declare bankruptcy (just kidding)
    The main ingredient is to make your site easy to use and interesting to your customers.
    Lots of people are making money online.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope www.atomic-online.net gets a ton of money so they can get a dedicated server for me!
    GigaCoasters2k-Admin
    http://www.gigacoasters2k.com
    Hosted by the Atomic-Online Network
    (Alex C) hosts me

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a matter of urgency read the piece entitled," A guide to profitable online publishing," currently on this home page. I am sure that you will like it because it offers in simple and clear terms the nuts and bolts of profitable online publishing.
    Last edited by fashola; Mar 7, 2001 at 09:21.