SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

biz card review plz

ok... after some long thought... i wanted a CLEAN design... that says who i am, what i do, how to get ahold of me...

the border on this image will NOT be in printing... its just to help seperate it from the forum...

lemmek now:

MikePanic.com Photography | Web Design | Social Media | Content Creation | Espresso

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy JRMillion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the name on top is pretty good because it stands out, however the font does not "say" photography to me, looks more like a DJ business card.
    The rest of the text needs a little work, mainly the contact info.
    I think you should ditch the red/black combo and make a choice between the two. Maybe try a different font, and maybe make it smaller.
    Generally is it not wise to mix typefaces that much. You are using a novelty font, a serif font, and a sans-serif font all in a 3.5x2.0 inch space and that is a little too much.
    The orbs at the bottom are cool, but you they may not print as you expect them to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at your site, I would say match the style of the card more to that.
    Make a bunch of versions, maybe print them on cardstock and see which you like best...
    With the design you posted you seemed to deviate far from the style of your site. I think the orbs would end up looking more like a weird gimmick, where as you should go for something stylish like some flat icon/logo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks... as you can see, the top font is focused on my website a LOT... which is why i want to stick w/ it - and as for being a dj - i got my start as a photographer in the electronic music industry... heh... but i havnt updated my online porfolio in over a year and am now focusing mor on fashion / runway photography.

im starting to agree w/ the red/black as well... i think ill just go black

it was also suggested that i get a new font for the word "photographer", something more elegant... would one of the less obnoxious fonts on this page be better? - http://dafont.com/en/theme.php?cat=501
    MikePanic.com Photography | Web Design | Social Media | Content Creation | Espresso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well from a typographic standpoint, the fonts on that page would be considered bad novelty fonts. You are better of getting some good quality fonts from adobe or something...
    Looking at your site, I would say keep the name font since it is used everywhere but make the rest very simple like the menu bar on your site.
    Off the top of my head I can't think of a good idea to use as an image for the card, but I would stay away from clip art looking crap....
    You might want to think about developing a logo that you could online and in print.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these are not free, but you could get ideas by looking at fonts.com and fonthaus.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure you need to post this in the Reviews and Critiques forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    00ps.... mod plz move... didnt see that forum there (and ive been on this site for nearly a year, lol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll want to go with a clean sans-serif font, to compliment the top text.

Some printers and photo processors make business cards on high quality photo paper... expensive, but would print your marbles nicely, and go along with the photography theme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea they will be done @ a high quality printer on heavy glossy stock..

of my my mods on IPF got angry w/ my original design and whipped up a new version that i am MUCH more pleased w/...

again the border is only for the internet to break it away from the forums, will not be on the actual print

SEO Link Building Master I, Brian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much better, Mike.

Glad to see everything is continuing well.
    Internet Business Forums - free business help & advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread Closed.

Mike, although you are requesting feedback for your biz card, it is still classified as a review. Please submit your review in the Site Elements Review Forum. Here are the guidelines for submitting an element review.

Thanks.
    Former Design Your Site Team Leader