SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to let users apply a .css file via a dropdown menu? w/ or w/o using a database?

Hey!

I would like to write a script that allows users to select .css files from a pulldown menu that is populated by all the .css files located in a given directory. The goal is to "write" the selected file's name into a config file (I assume) so that that particular .css file will be the one used. Then if the user wants to change .css files, they nav. back to the pulldown page and reselect a new .css file.

Is this possible? I don't expect that someone will write this for me...but hopefully someone might be able to point me in the right direction...

A feature that would allow users to upload (only) .css files would also be excellent...but I realize that would require populating the dropdown with information in my database...(thus negating the first paragraph...)

Which method would be better? And how can I go about writing the pulldown selection to a config file?

Your wisdom is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Cranjled

PS. If doing this with PHP is not the right way...please don't hesitate to tell me! I only assumed php since my site is in php...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Javascript. Don't know the code for this now, but let me do some search..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelBGE
    Use Javascript. Don't know the code for this now, but let me do some search..
    Doh! Without the support of this awesome community...I'd be completely lost... I've been reading these forums for a long time...wouldn't ya know my first post would be in the wrong area...sorry guys!

Thanks for the superfast response Tim!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks...I'll read them now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for the links/articles... I think perhaps I should clarify my situation.

I would like to write a script that allows me to select .css files from a pulldown menu that is populated by all the .css files located in a given directory. The goal is to "write" the selected file's name into a config file (I assume) so that that particular .css file will be the one used...thus allowing all users to view the site with the new .css file applied. Then if I want to change look, I nav. back to the pulldown page and reselect a new .css file.