SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I tried to design the site so it looked unlike any other financial site out there. I focused more on simple, friendly and easy to navigate rather than cool and flashy. Almost as if I was to gear it towards children. What do you think? Good idea or not? Make sure you visit the AGGRESSION Bulletin board to have a laugh and test my Vbulitine. Any impute would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    DAN (theANGRYinvestor)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome

First, thanks for the work you have done reviewing the other sites. Your opinions as both a designer and user are of great value to the other members. I hope that you will continue to review whether or not you have a site coming up.

I took a look at the code.

There were only two problems noticeable, the lack of accessability alt= being used on the links to other parts of the site and the horizontal alignment of the bottom of the links in the menu.

Navigation is easy. Graphics are clear.

I like the page. It clearly expresses the sentiment of the investor who got stung, if not destroyed. Investing should continue, it is one of the driving engines of the economy. However, your page should be required reading for anyone who thinks it is a quick and easy buck. The level of concern for the investor by some of the dot com start ups rivals that of a Salmon being cleaned on a party boat.

thanks for sharing and peace
    Last edited by edshuck; Feb 8, 2001 at 20:02.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design... Not too flashy but nice.Well done.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ed. I think I got it all fixed. It's weird how obvious things become when someone points them out. Have a good one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Thanks for sharing. Everytime I look at a site, I like to think I learn something new.

peace

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaa... let me just say that i like the 5 worst stocks of the week table. I may come back every week just to see that. good luck with the site

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, very uniques site. I'm not sure I like the times new roman font at the top, but maybe that's just me...the layout is very easy to navigate. that bear scares me... interesting alt text, too
    http://www.overclockedhardware.com

SitePoint Enthusiast einstien_ii's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I like the concept! Something not only strange but also unique.I like that Graveyard!But, if you can have the fonts changed, I am sure the look will definitely be refined.What the hell, I like the site! I am sure you are gonna get a lot cursed by all those ghosts at the graveyard! hehe

Krishna Narayanan
    einstien_ii@zeenext.com
    http://www.talofians.net

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it and I'm sure that when we have a real crash, your site is going to have a lot of visitors (if not already). I like the colors because they remind me about our flag (and they are also angry/aggressive). The "unlucky 7" are funny!Make sure you register Angryinvestor.com. At this moment the bulletin board is not working? I got this:"Warning: Access denied for user: 'snips@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/snips/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 50There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.We apologise for any inconvenience."The only thing I would add is a "10 commandments" of better investment: never bet on one hors... etc.Overal: AA+ ;-)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I was having some data base problems. It's all fixed now and the AGGRESSION Bulletin Board is up and running smoothly. I just launched and I think the site will do well. I just have to get out the word that there is now a home for angry investors.Thanks for your imputeCheers,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off I love the concept and the content. you've got all the content you could need.Now for the design. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I got really overwelmed by it. My eyes don't know where to focus. 1-There's all kind of text in the middle, of all different sizes. Try to organize it so its a little easier to follow. I get lost.2-The horizontal and vertical navbars. The grahpics are competeing too much. The lightning cow pic and the angry man picture are competeing for attention and I get lost in there wondering what their for.3-Put some padding around the unlucky 7 table. The text seems to be falling out of the table.4-The mouseovers in the center are really distreacting to me. 5-The lounge - pick a couple font sizes and colors. Using the red to grab attention really isn't doing for me.6- Bulletin Board - Works fine for me. Once again red text especially with dark backgrounds is really hard for my eyes(and they're young)Thats about all I have for now. With all that don't get the idea your doing a bad job. The tetual logo works as does the barebones design. But, all the content just needs to be organized a little. Text, pictures and everything are all sprawled out around the page. Navigation will come out of a cleaner organization of your info.Nice stuff though. I've bookmarked the site.
    Brian Wilmot
    http://www.jumpnow.net/
    http://www.uglybillboards.com/

SitePoint Enthusiast studio1acom's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

Let me start off with saything that your site has great content and potential...just in my opinion a bad design.

1) Your avid use of Microsoft Clipart here and there just makes the site look ugly.
    2) The big bold multi-colored text is everywhere and gives it an amature look. It's not appealing to the eye.
    3) Your layout does not draw the eye to where you want it, like your content. Instead my eyes were drawn to the bright yellow nav bar, not what was on the nav bar, the yellow background.

Your forum looks fine, except for the giant bold text in some places.

There is another great site out there with something of the same idea as yours, http://www.f---edcompany.com (i used the censored link because it's a forum, it'll still work, i think you know what the full one is), they have a great layout. I suggest you take a look at their site for some design ideas.

Sorry to be so negitive.
    Good luck with your site.

--Neal--