SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Line heights...

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The avatar feature is not really perfect... it appears just below the rank of the poster, and then there's a wide space between the image and the Registered: field.
    Maybe you should try setting hspace and vspace attributes to the picture so that the space between the pic and the lines is the same for the two lines of text.

Also, there seems to be a blank line at the beginning of each post, why is that ?

(me using IE 5.5 on win2k, 1280*1024 res, if that may help but i seriously doubt it would, anyway someone would have asked )
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The avatar feature is not really perfect... it appears just below the rank of the poster, and then there's a wide space between the image and the Registered: field.
    Maybe you should try setting hspace and vspace attributes to the picture so that the space between the pic and the lines is the same for the two lines of text.
    It's supposed to be that way. I think it looks good. I guess it's just a matter of opinion, eh?

Also, there seems to be a blank line at the beginning of each post, why is that ?
    That's for when people use subjects for their posts. If they leave that field blank, then nothing is shown in that area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like it with the space. After karam was removed and there was no space there, it looked bad.

Just a thought, how about putting everyone's location here, as well? I would find that very useful.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by M. James
    I personally like it with the space. After karam was removed and there was no space there, it looked bad.

Just a thought, how about putting everyone's location here, as well? I would find that very useful.
    I disagree. I'm sure there would be someone that would say "Location: Hell" or something like that.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not like my location displayed, I think it is more fun to strike up a conversation with people and find out then!