SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face button rollover w/new text

I dont know if this is a lame question but i have looked everywhere (seriously)
    Anyway...I have thumbnails on my flash page that have been converted to buttons. I am trying to display a brief description about each picture(button) at the bottom of the page.
    Yes i know i can do this in the hit/over/down stage thing, but i want to replace text already on the screen w/ new text.

currently the frame begins w/ "place cursor over image for a brief description"
    so i want to replace that w/ new text each time the mouse rollsover and put it back when the the mouse is not on any of the images.

sorry for the length
    & thanx in advance!
    :-)

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy JRMillion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should use a dyanamic text feild for the description (and name is something), then add an actions to the button like this.

on(rollOver){
    description.text = "Info about this picture";
    }

this would happen independent from the 4 states of the buttons, the actionscript should be placed on the button instance not inside the button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRMillion
    you should use a dyanamic text feild for the description (and name is something), then add an actions to the button like this.

on(rollOver){
    description.text = "Info about this picture";
    }

this would happen independent from the 4 states of the buttons, the actionscript should be placed on the button instance not inside the button.
    hey thanx alot! Im a newbie so it took me like an hr to figure everything out, but i got it to work now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know if i should start a new thread or not but...

I also want to be able to click each picture (button) and have a defined window popup with the same picture but larger. Ive tried other js codes online but they seem as if they only work when u have 1 button.
    I need each (12) buttons to open a new window with the jpg or html(w/jpg) on top of the flash.

thanx again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    n/m i got it