SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your most proven way of attracting members?

Whats the most successful way of attracting members you've seen? Links in your signatures? Word of mouth? I'm looking to get many new members to my (baseball related) forum, and am not quite sure how to go about it. I have links in my sigs and the like, but what else can be done?

Original Gangster silver trophy Thing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since it looks like you live in the Boston area, why not get some stickers made up with your site address. They are rather inexpensive and a great way to advertise. Check out this site:

http://www.stickerguy.com/priclist.htm#BW

For $20 you can get 250 4.25" x 1.38" stickers. So it's only a $20 invest and see how it goes. I would go to the games and pass them out in the parking lot. That is your targeted audience anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsba
    Well since it looks like you live in the Boston area, why not get some stickers made up with your site address. They are rather inexpensive and a great way to advertise. Check out this site:

http://www.stickerguy.com/priclist.htm#BW

For $20 you can get 250 4.25" x 1.38" stickers. So it's only a $20 invest and see how it goes. I would go to the games and pass them out in the parking lot. That is your targeted audience anyways.
    Thats not a bad idea. I tried this with flyers at a Red Sox game, but I dont think it turned out so well. Stickers look like more of an effort was made, so I'll look into it. Thanks.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also approach the official baseball sites and see if they are interested in having links

Great idea on the stickers :thumb:

Original Gangster silver trophy Thing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah stickers are cheap, and if you give them to kids they will love them. Before you know it your url will be all over town