SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photoshop Effects Illustrated

Does anyone know of an online reference where the standard photoshop effects are illustrated in exemplary thumbnails?

I'm getting tired of always trying to find the appropriate filter out of 100 possibilities

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know what you are after, I hope this helps. If not I'll keep looking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link.

If you happen to come across a more complete list of filter thumbnails, please post it in this thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been 'googling' and asking around, but I can't seem to find a definitive list of what each filters result looks like.

You are right in saying that they're hundreds of possibilities, filter results can vary dramatically, depending on the image they are applied to, therefore IMO I don't think there will be such a reference.

Anyway, it's fun to experiment, and this way you get to familiars yourself with the filters.

To get you started you could always invest in Mark's Master Kit where he goes in great depth explaining each individual filter.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for pointing me to Mark's interesting CD...

Before I posted my question to the forum I actually wanted to do such a list on my own, but then thought that someone else MUST have had the same idea long before. I also googled for such a reference, but as you couldn't find something either I will most probably add such a reference to my website and post the link here after finishing it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice idea! make sure you use a range of different images and also show before and after

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photoshop Filters Index

I just uploaded the first version of the Photoshop Filters Index to my website

It has only one source image, but I'll try to add more if time allows. What kind of other images should I use for the next series?

If anyone would like to contribute a translation of the filter names, I would really appreciate that. Although I live in Switzerland I use an English version of Photoshop, but those among you with any other language might want to provide me with a list of filter names in their language.

You actually don't have to translate it - just send me a list of the filter names in the order in which they appear in your photoshop filter menu.

I programmed the Photoshop Filters Index in such a way that a new language can be added very easily

Enjoy
    Nick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's really good! Should get a few hits