SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free Flash Games Site!

Hey Guys, opened a new free flash games site at www.EternalFun.com and i'm looking for some suggestions. Any are welcome and thanks in advance!
    Eternal Fun
    Free flash games, funny videos and flash animations.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea, and you have some pretty cool games there, but I think the site needs a little more jazz to it. I like the design, but not in its current context. A bit more lively would probably suit a game site better.

Just my 2 cents... and if it wasn't a game site, I'd say the design would fit it like a glove.
    -- Kyle

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    few ideas.

1. each game should have it's own thumbnail on the main page to make the user know what to expect.

2. not an lawyer, but be careful with copyrighted material like Sonic (even more so when you have your own (C) at the bottom of the page.

3. The most popular game "drivers ed" is broken, at least it is right now.

4. Site seems thin on content, like FAQ, contact, about us, privacy policy, etc.

5. In it's most pure essence, it simply just needs to be mroe fun as a game site. I tend to love simple, sleek, organized design like this, but gamers like a lot going on.

best of luck

be well
    <M>

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure out how to resize the shockwave files. The flash files resize fine but if I try to resize a 800x600 shockwave (dcr) file to say...200x200 it just shows the 200x200 from the top left corner as if it was an iframe or something and doesn't resize. If anyone hase any ideas as to how to fix this thad's be great. As you noticed a few games are messed up such as Drivers Ed, Mahjong and Table Tennis.
    Eternal Fun

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea, I also find it appealing because of little advertising .. and going straight to the games from the front page. Good Work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the site. I like the clean design and fast loading time. The only things I would recommend are to liven the site a little with some color (possibly just a really cool and colorful logo) and possibly have the links underline when you mouse over them to show that they are links. Overall, you have a very nice site.

Regards,
    mdeluise
    MDeLuise
    ------------------------------------------------------
    How do you get off of a non-stop flight?
    Steven Wright

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like it =)
    really like the "no bull" design, getting straight to the games.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design, but I don't believe I see a single graphic integrated into the design. The layout is clean and easy to navigate, but could you at least create a logo with photoshop or something? That would make the site look much better. Making a logo and branding your site is the most crucial element in design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool site. I love game sites, and you have some awsome games on the site.

The site is really bland for a gaming site. You need to add some graphics, and some color to the site.

Good Luck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very "straight to the point". I like that. None of that "Leave your email here to start playing games while we sign you up to countless span lists" bullshi*.

Well done

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the site and I wouldn't add to many graphics, miniclip.com who are one of the biggest in this area (http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=miniclip.com) have virtually no graphics, just a bit of colour and a few more thumbnails.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Great

I think the website is a little bit boring. You should try to use more colors, and maybe thumbnails of the games. But Hey! Who cares, the games are GREAT!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... i already HAVE thumbnails of the games
    Eternal Fun

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

hi,
    i suggest adding some kind of flash banners, or flash design onto the site seems its geared around flash games. Nice site though, its great to see you have kept the site clean. Easy navigation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that its a wonerful design and idea.
    First of all a site like that has tons of content so its going to be very hard to lay it all out and still keep it easy to navigate. Which you did perfect. Next is the fact that each game has its own thumbnail which I love, on some of thoes other game sites you dont know what to expect untill you have waited for the game to load. Another is the fact that the site isnt too overpowering with images, its just what your there for games.
    Great work!
    My Designs Velocity Designs
    My Newest Creation Skin & Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1024x768 , WinXP pro Sp1, 128kb/s, IE6.0 Opera7.23.

I expected to found something flashy site, but I found a pretty bare on graphics site, this seems to be it's main minus. The code seems clear, the metas are ok. The content is easy to read and browse.

The loading took me about 7 seconds, displaying is also good on both browsers.
    CPanel based Scalable Reselling
    Free support for our resellers customers at Royal Web Hosting

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site is awesome....the only thing that bothered me was the whole styling of you site. its too black & white, add some color to it....spice it up...go look at a couple gamin sites like www.miniclip.com or something like that. but the games are extremly fun!
    Promote Your Site For Free:
    Go Radic Banner Exchange

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading the reviews thinking "c'mon guys, give the guy a break" but after looking at the site it does seem kind of boring.

And, like the others I'd recomend some kind of cool logo and maybe jazz up the colour scheme a bit.

Layout is good, good menu's and google adesense is set right - good luck with it - added to favourites!

Oh, and add your site name to the page title.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the site, you have some great games on there, I found your site better than miniclip for games. But I was not expecting that from the index page.
    From the index page it looks boring, it does not live up to the games you have on the site.
    I dont think much is needed to liven up the site though, I believe some bolder colours are needed. I would not include to many pictures as that could slow down the download time. Jus a bit bolder and brighter.
    I like the way you have intergrated the google adverts, they fit in perfectly.

Good site - I will certainly put that in my favourites.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd

i'd go back