SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

I'm right now checking my site with the W3C valitator.
    Now there are some things I don't understand:

Line 45, column 45: document type does not allow element "form" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "ins", "del" start-tag
    PHP Code:
    <form action="modules.php?" method="get"
    for the following part

PHP Code:
                               <span class="right">

44:                                   <a href="modules.php?name=Search_full">erweiterte Suche</a> | 

45:                                   <form action="modules.php?" method="get">

46:                                           <input type="hidden" name="name" value="Search_full" />

47:                                           <input type="hidden" name="p" value="1" />

48:                                           <input type="hidden" name="lang" value="de" />

49:                                           <input type="hidden" name="include" value="" />

50:                                           <input type="hidden" name="exclude" value="" />

51:                                           <input type="hidden" name="penalty" value="0" />                                        

52:                                           <input type="hidden" name="mode" value="any" />                         

53:                                           <input onfocus="this.value='';" onblur="if (this.value=='') {this.value='Suchen...';}" type="text" name="q" value="Suchen..." size="10" maxlength="150" />

54:                                           <input type="image" src="themes/archinoah/images/suchen.gif" name="submit" value="Suchen" alt="Submit Search" />

55:                                   </form>

56:                           </span
    Now what is wron with this?
    Or

Line 72, column 281: general entity "isbn" not defined and no default entity (explain...).
    PHP Code:
     <a href="modules.php?name=Literatur&isbn=3518582879 "
    Does this mean that you have to replace all & to &amp; if you have a PHP driven Website? Great!

Thanks
    Fl÷zen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A form (block element) can't be inside of a span (inline element). Change your span to a div instead. And yes, you have to change all of your ampersands to &amp;.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I can postion some part of a text left and some right with div?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Learn to float your divs with CSS. That should get you the appearance you're looking for.