SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The short answer is yes... Herbster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Torque last night. The movie won't add IQ points, but it is fun. At one point I thought, "Geez, this is like a western with motorcycles." When I put the commentary on later, turns out this was the director's intent. Very stylish, great stunts and special effects are used well. Totally unbelievable, but it isn't supposed to be. Larger than life. Biker comic book. The montage of amply endowed, bikini clad biker girls rubbing themselves on shiny bikes with soap suds and a yellow snake is worth a second look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the main problem with Hollywood sequels is that while they're pouring a lot more money into its production than the original, they are not paying enough attention to the creative, original elements which made the original so great.
    sequels are also made to bank off of the success of the original. the next 2 matrix movies were shamless attempts to milk whatever they could out of the matrix name. at this point, everything after the first absolutely stinks. the video game for revolutions sold over a million copies but it was a terrible game. all they need is that 'matrix' name and they can turn a profit without breaking a sweat.

the folks who decided to make matrix sequels suck[/rant]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last movie I saw was Shrek 2...I'm usually not a fan of animated stuff and cartoons but I was impressed by this one.
    jax502

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jax502
    Last movie I saw was Shrek 2...I'm usually not a fan of animated stuff and cartoons but I was impressed by this one.
    Shrek 2 was entertaining, but in my opinion, was no where near as good as the original. It made a lot of jests at pop culture and the like, but didn't have the same feeling or originality. Just banking off of the first one.

Van Helsing was just horrid. Boring, overdone ... I don't know. It wasn't exciting for me.

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban was really good as far as the Harry Potter movies go -- better than the first two. Definitely a movie to see.

I have high hopes for Spiderman 2 (and have read some reviews for it from screenings), which tout it as an improvement -- doing to the Spiderman franchise what X2 did for the X-Men franchise. So, I'm definitely ready for this one.

The Chronicles of Riddick (again, I've read some reviews for it from screenings) and think this could definitely be a good sci-fi movie. I'm going to see it this weekend in fact, and I sincerely hope it is as good as it looks.

Anyway, those are pretty much my picks for the immediate future and takes on what we've seen already.
    Colin Anderson
    Ambition is a poor excuse for those without
    sense enough to be lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im really looking forward to farenheit 911.

edit: whoa, this ones coming on the 25th of june

http://www.fahrenheit911.com/

Original Gangster silver trophy Thing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenToast
    Dawn of the Dead!!!
    Ditto, this movie was awesome!

The short answer is yes... Herbster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miracle

Thought you guys had a hockey movie thread going, but I'll be darned if I can find it now. Any way, just watched this flick and it knocked my socks off. I'm not big on sports movies, but this one was actually about the sport and stresses the importance of team over a collection of "stars". Whew! My hands were sweating! It was like being there. Those not from the US may not enjoy it as much.