SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,
    I've got a serious problem: I need to use the sablotron extension, but when I uncomment the line in php.ini, it says "Unable to load php_sablot.dll: a device attached to the file [system] is not functioning", or something like that.

Knowing that apache is sensitive about the order of its includes and that some don't work without others, I thought that perhaps PHP was the same so I included php_xmldom.dll before it, but still no luck. I have expat.dll, xmlparse.dll and xmltok.dll in every single directory they could possibly pertain to (php dir, C:\windows, C:\windows\system, C:\, php\extensions, php\dlls, and every other folder in php, as well as in a few other places), but it still doesn't work.

I've also tried downloading the expat and sablotron libraries separately, but that never seemed to do any good, and the docs for installing the binaries on windows were useless (if even existent). I've also tried downloading the php4-lib wrapper for sablotron, but since it is only for linux, that doesn't work.

I've also tried compiling the sources myself, but that didn't work either. I have Visual C++ 6.0, and I have the nmake utility, but whenever I type nmake [blah blah] into the ms-dos prompt, it just gives me a "Bad command or file name" error. I have run that little vcvars32.bat file in the \bin folder of the Visual C++ installation, but it still doesn't work, even after a couple of restarts.

I really have no clue what to do, and I really need to use the sablotron extension, as I would like the next site I build to use XML and XSL for its data, but send everything to the browser in HTML format (the reason being that it will also probably be made wap compatible, as well as i-mode compatible in the near future..).

Thanks a lot for any help,
    And if you need more details about what I am talking about email me at theboss@dannycook.com
    Thanks!
    <Edited by FatPiper on 02-05-2001 at 01:31 PM>

... what's the world coming to?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on, guys, please please please i'm totally desperate here! If nobody knows how to do that, then at least does anyone know if there are any includable files that would provide xslt functions anyways that I could just include?? I'm begging you, pleaaase!!!

... what's the world coming to?