User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

paypal, 2check or ikobo?

I want to intergrate shopping cart facility and cc processing in my website! a friend told me that there are several websites which offer these services such as www.paypol,www.2check.www.ikobo. and he told me that ikobo have a low transaction fee. but i have no experience with them and i think it is an important decission. so i want others suggustion about pros and cons of those website. Can anybody help?

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would avoid 2Checkout. Every experience I have ever had with them ended in nothing but inconvenience and poor customer service. Many members here are split on Paypal, but a lot of businesses use only their service for transactions, so you might want to include it. I don't know much about iKobo, except that you use something like an ATM card to withdraw/exchange funds. Not sure how convenient that would be for instant payments online.
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have now began to hear horror stories about Ikobo which is very disheartening, i.e. not receiving the ATM card; them not telling you that to accept more money per month, you need to fax documents over; money disappearing from accounts.

Stick with Paypal for now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an www.iKobo.com user and I am quite pleased with their services. I received my I-Kard in 3 days, it's quite fast an reliable. Maybe I am a lucky case but I haven't had any problems with customer support. The 0 monthly fee and 0 inter-country fee as well as their easy set-up and use mearchant account are pretty much all I need, at least until I find someone who can compete with them. That's how I feel, try it and see for yourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long have you been with them mike28?

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not use ikobo.

Lately there has been a glut of people posting on forums telling people how great Ikobo is. You can identify these people by their broken english and the fact that their first and only post is in favor of ikobo.

In my opinion, and feel free to draw your own conclusions, its obvious that ikobo is hiring people to spam message boards in order to drum up business.

Do I want to associate with a company that does that? Would I trust a company that does that with my money? Not a chance.

The only people I've ever seen on any forum that mention Ikobo in a positive way have all been new members, usually with one post. They've all had poor english skills, and similar writing styles.

Draw your own conclusion, Ikobo might be a great company. My opinion though, based on what I've seen, is that they're shady and not to be trusted.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also heard the recent horror stories about Ikobo and I have even heard they will be closing soon (a rumor at this stage).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I think that you are the spammers hired by competitors to post bad things about iKobo. I have an account at iKobo and I have never had problems with their services. iKobo is a good company offering very good services, itís reliable and secure. I think their customer support is a little slow but comparing with other competitors itís still in advantage. PayPal is also a good service to choose but they have a big problem with the coverage and for many people this is the most important thing. This is how I feel, you can choose whatever you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Ikbobo would be the competitor since they started after all of these other countries. The problem is, there are only one or two messages stating the exact same thing from new sign ups & then nothing else about them.

Interesting how the above message appears everywhere but they do not participate in the forums other than one message:
    On this one, check out chenzhu, dtrip, gul
    http://forum.downloadline.com/viewtopic.php?t=167

On this one, mike28:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158896

And here is mentos:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156599
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=215731

And here is markb12 (who I actually got to respond to a message):
    http://www.webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=13186

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are just the ones that are publicly viewable. I personally deleted about a dozen.

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately there has been a glut of people posting on forums telling people how great **** is. You can identify these people by their broken english and the fact that their first and only post is in favor of ****.
    I've been getting this at my Small Business Forum, I've banned them now. Sad to say, though, that Paypal started out the same way.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone recommend a good payment processor in South Asia, Asia, East Asia like the initial poster requested.
    I have a handful of clients that have asked me and I am at a loss to answer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadcox66
    Can someone recommend a good payment processor in South Asia, Asia, East Asia like the initial poster requested.
    I have a handful of clients that have asked me and I am at a loss to answer.
    You might try www.iKobo.com. As you did say, you need a large coverage and this is only being brought to you by iKobo.com. Not to mention the other advantages like lower fees, iKard, good Merchant Account, easily customizable shopping cart and so on. Good luck.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentos,

May I see your websites processing using Ikebo ?

Anyone else using Ikebo on their website please let me try it out.
    Post your website on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the same feeling about these mysterious users too; and that's where I learnt about iKobo from.

I have never used iKobo's merchant services, so I wouldn't comment.

However, I have received personal payments; and I will admit that its a great service for those who are not in total PayPal coverage. They send you a Visa Electron debit card, which you can use any way you want, anywhere in the world. Support is quick enough; but there are minor glitches here and there; certainly not upto PayPal standards. The biggest problem though is extending your transaction limits; which is only $205 to begin with. You have to send in many verification documents by fax, and have to continuously be behind their backs.

If you are in USA, though, I would say go ahead with PayPal.

If not, try iKobo.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just what I was talking about. iKobo.com is a good solution for many people that work abroad and want to send money to their families because their coverage is very large. Here, where I live, there are many people that receive money using iKobo from an uncle, or cousin or a brother from another country because they like the fact that they can use the iKard (debit Visa card) everywhere they go and there is no multi currency fee or inter country fee so itís a cheaper and faster transaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadcox66
    Mentos,

May I see your websites processing using Ikebo ?

Anyone else using Ikebo on their website please let me try it out.
    Post your website on this thread.
    I have requested this same thing, however not *one* person who was suspected of spamming replied. You notice that mentos skipped the question. There is a pattern... one post wonders, posts that sound like ads (I'm guessing that since the users have no actual experience, they are just going off a feature list), poor grammar and punctuation, etc.

A few facts, first a post...
    [quote]
    I donít think 2checkout is a good option, I used them for 3 months, they charged me high setup fee and monthly fee. But when I tried to call them to collect my sales revenue, there is the endless waiting for the next available customer representative.
    What should I do, I already paid them setup fee?
    Maybe I can try www.ikobo.com
    Sound like a plausible post, nothing odd right? Well, it is except if you factor in that the user who posted this registered with a @ikobo email address.

Someone mentioned Chenzhu...
    Originally posted by chenzhu:
    ywhoru1234
    yes!i think you can try www.ikobo.com too.and i have the similar situation with you.the only diffient is i am from china.from one year ago i began to use ikobo to transfer funds to USA.it is very convenient.
    This wouldn't have been so odd, however a few minutes before this post was submitted, a new user 'Sunny' submitted the following post in the same thread...
    Originally posted by sunny:
    i think you can try to apply a account of www.ikobo.com .after you entered the information such as your friend's address in the website,ikobo will mail you friend a ikobo-card and your friend can use the visa card to withdrawl fund from ATM machine at his contry.and you can ask ikobo to raise your sending limit by prove you are the owner of you CC or Bank Account
    It didn't surprise me to learn that both Chenshu and Sunny had an email addreess that started with chenzhu2003@xxxxxxxx.xxx

I don't think they are spamming message boards, I know it. They will be blocked.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.ô
    ē Chicken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing is Chenzhu stated on this forum: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...5&pagenumber=2 about a month ago if ikobo supported China, but Chicken's quote has him using Ikobo for a year

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One site that uses iKobo is castlemelody.com. Never tried to pay through it though.

They are better for personal money transfer rather than payment processing. Just my guess.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at their site
    http://www.ikobo.com/ikobo.cgi?action=affiliate_info
    They have a pyramid affialate scheme. That would explain all the people pushing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on ikobo guys. But i've heard about cases about paypal and chargebacks leaving the seller in debt, it's something to do with a fradulent account or something.

Refrence
    http://forum.yaxay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27879

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paypal is hardly a wonderful company, you're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a choice between bad and worse. I'm just trying to figure out which is bad and which is worse.
    Lauren and Auster

The dog is a reflection of his master. - Max v. Stephanitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is 2 checkout any better?? As I heard you can fully incorporate it into your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think that iKobo is the best solution for person to person online transfers. Itís quick and reliable. I am sure you all heard about their i-Kard which you can withdraw the money from almost everywhere in the world. You can try it and after that please write your opinions here. After all, we all seek the best services a company can offer.