SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Event wiring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Event wiring

I have a data control which gets initialized on the page. This data control exposes a couple of events, of which one is the 'onRowEnter' event, which gets fired whenever a new row gets selected in that data control.

Now, I have an arbitraty amount of grids (databound tables with extra features) and handwritten databindable forms which present the data 1 record at a time. I want these grids etc to subscribe to the onRowEnter-event of the data control, so that they can update their views whenever the current record changes. (I want to let them subscribe themselves, since it can happen that the datacontrol is ready, while other objects are still loading, which will result in an error if the specified grids do not exist yet)

How would I go about doing that ? When I use the DataIsland.attachEvent("onRowEnter", someFunction) - directive, I can only specify a declared function, without any parameters. Also, I tried to specify <grid ID>.someFunction, but jscript wont take that as a function name.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you tried passing an anonymous function into the attachEvent method? Then you can just pass your parameters into the function inside the anonymous block.
    Code:
    DataIsland.attachEvent("onRowEnter", 
    function () {
    someFunction(param1, param2, param3);
    });